• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone 6666 Intermittent keyup

Hello! My beloved Quad 6 finally has its first problem. After neigh on 5 years of mobile abuse, dropped, stored, sloshed around... it will not fully key up.

Receive and everything else seems fine.

At first I thought it may be the mic itself so I put my spare on there but did not change the behavior.

If you hold the key sometimes it will go to 3/4 tx for a flash, then dead, then two bars kinda chuffing every ½ second or so.

Is this something worth digging into? I have minimal skills and my eyes aren't what they used to be!

I'll take any advice on this!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828

Hello! My beloved Quad 6 finally has its first problem. After neigh on 5 years of mobile abuse, dropped, stored, sloshed around... it will not fully key up.

Receive and everything else seems fine.

At first I thought it may be the mic itself so I put my spare on there but did not change the behavior.

If you hold the key sometimes it will go to 3/4 tx for a flash, then dead, then two bars kinda chuffing every ½ second or so.

Is this something worth digging into? I have minimal skills and my eyes aren't what they used to be!

I'll take any times on this!
The mic Jack pins might need a little spreading? Hopefully it's just something simple.

Well, the original mic has never been taken off in 5 years until this happened. That's what made me try the new mic.

Are you talking about the pins where the mic attaches or on the inside of the radio?

I'll give the pins a once over and take a look.
Yeah just unplugging the mic, look into the jack and each pin is split with slit in the middle. Just a light prying apart being careful not to break them. Maybe a little cleaning if they're dirty. It was just my first thought and wishful thinking for you. I really love my quad 6 radios.

Yeah just unplugging the mic, look into the jack and each pin is split with slit in the middle. Just a light prying apart being careful not to break them. Maybe a little cleaning if they're dirty. It was just my first thought and wishful thinking for you. I really love my quad 6 radios.
Indeed, I got my bang for the buck with it. Bone stock took it out of the box and its been all up and down the west coast, back roads, hills. I was so spoiled I was surprised when it didn't key up!

Indeed, I got my bang for the buck with it. Bone stock took it out of the box and its been all up and down the west coast, back roads, hills. I was so spoiled I was surprised when it didn't key up!
Yes sir, agreed. They're an excellent little radio, own two of them at 3 plus years and still doing the job

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.