• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone dealt with Custom CB radios?

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
Was wondering if this is a good guy to work with that doesn't snip and clip radios or make them sound like crap in exchange for watts.....or if he's another hack like the majority of so called golden screwdriver techs?

Thanks!

Was wondering if this is a good guy to work with that doesn't snip and clip radios or make them sound like crap in exchange for watts.....or if he's another hack like the majority of so called golden screwdriver techs?

Thanks!

I have seen many videos on youtube from Custom CB Radio, and it looks like he know what he's doing. But I have never dealed with him.

Chris is extremely good he knows what he is doing I have spoke with him by phone a few times he knows his radios thats forsure.(y)

Custom CB Radios is very good to deal with he has done radios for me ane he is very honest....

+1 Absolutly! I'm ashamed to admitt how may dollars Doug has took from me but, They were all very well spent. The only problem I had was on a 12' piece of coax. One hole in a connector wasn't completly soldered:whistle: Doug sent me a whole new piece with ends free of charge. I'm quite confident you would be happy dealing with them.

Custom CB Radios

(y)I too, have had many dealings with Doug, and can honestly say, that he is one of the most honest people I have ever dealt with. I have bought many radios and gear from him and have also had him work on a few radios that I have sent in for service. Top notch technician. Really knows his stuff!! Would recommend him in a heartbeat.

CUSTOM CB RADIOS ??????

I cannot say just yet if Doug at custom cb radios is good or bad. All I can say is, I sent him radios to work on and he has dropped off the planet. No responses to email and no return phone calls. It’s been over 2 weeks and no contact.
I do understand that he is slow but is worth it. I am not sure if he has closed his doors "house Doors" or not. I wish that he is in good health and can let me know if he is done or not.
Don't get me wrong. I hope that all it is, is that he is overwhelmed with work.
The first time I called Doug and he answered, and we talked for over an hour. The same day I sent him my CBs to work on and now nothing. The phone went from ringing then busy signal. Then the next week he got an answering machine that said “I am away or I have my hands full and cannot answer the phone. Do not leave a message for I will not return it. So keep trying till I can answer the phone.” It’s not word for word but pretty close. Now the answering machine is gone again and it just rings and rings.

I will let you know if I ever here anything back from him.

Last edited:
CUSTOM CB RADIOS ??????

:oops:

I wanted to say I just found out that Doug at custom cb radios has a FB page and it is not my place to air things so I will not explain. You can go look for yourself.

Doug I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. I now understand why you seemed to drop off the planet. I was wrong to post the above without knowing true facts.

Please except my sincere apologies. I hope everything goes well. God Bless

Guess I'll never know.

Screw facebook and all sites like it.

If he has an illness or death in the family, then I'd wait a few weeks . If he's having women trouble, he needs to get motivated.

I cannot say just yet if Doug at custom cb radios is good or bad. All I can say is, I sent him radios to work on and he has dropped off the planet. No responses to email and no return phone calls. It’s been over 2 weeks and no contact.
I do understand that he is slow but is worth it. I am not sure if he has closed his doors "house Doors" or not. I wish that he is in good health and can let me know if he is done or not.
Don't get me wrong. I hope that all it is, is that he is overwhelmed with work.
The first time I called Doug and he answered, and we talked for over an hour. The same day I sent him my CBs to work on and now nothing. The phone went from ringing then busy signal. Then the next week he got an answering machine that said “I am away or I have my hands full and cannot answer the phone. Do not leave a message for I will not return it. So keep trying till I can answer the phone.” It’s not word for word but pretty close. Now the answering machine is gone again and it just rings and rings.

I will let you know if I ever here anything back from him.

I sent him a radio in June 2012 and got it back in 3 weeks. He did tell me that Facebook is the fastest way to get him. I have always called his 800 number and if he did not answer he called me back within 30 minutes.

Did something just happen? He did not mention anything on the phone. I do know Sparky has had a midical issue here in the last 6 months but that's a different shop.

Doug gets alot of radio's in for repair and he is anal about every one he works on. Even if I had waited 6 weeks I would rather do that then have some guy plow through it in 14 minutes just to get it out the door.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.