• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anyone ever used one?

89BII

Dec 30, 2006
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...052.2032075.2032078.2032098&parentPage=family

Hey everyone im new to all of this and I have a firestick 4ft fiberglass antenna mounted to my roof and everything is grounded and set up right but im afraid that my antenna is going too break so I was looking at this antenna.It should get better swr's since its a taller antenna and also cause its a metal whip?Im just wondering if anyone would recommend this antenna mounted to a mirror antenna mount thats on my roof.

Can't recommend it cuz I've never used one. Can't say anything bad about it either. It may be metal but that's not necessarily a big 'plus', it could do as much damage to your roof as the firestick, might even break the antenna. It being longer means that there's more possibility of dmage than with the shorter one.
One alternative is to mount the thing lower.
- 'Doc

I used one of those on a magmount center of my roof , it talked and received very well. I was impressed to say the least. They work !! There's another name for them and I cant' think of it right now ?

yea I just went out and bought one but couldnt try and tune it because its raining but I did get to put it on and right now my swr's are at 1.5-7 on channel 1 and 40 and 1.3 on 19 so its pretty good right now but im going to try to get it a little bit better.

I have installed a couple of these on jeeps, they work well with a small amp, and you can beat the crap out of them. I have seen a few on Dump trucks as well....
I`ve seen them under a few different names.
Not a bad little antenna for the price.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.