• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone Interested in a Galaxy 48T AM/FM

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I maybe taking one in today which I don't usually mess with these types of radios but a local radio fella just got his Ham ticket and Im gonna help him get started and instead of him waiting to sell his radio to buy ham equipment I have I thought maybe Ide just do some swapping with him as hes excited to get on the repeaters and get his feet wet.

Radio comes with box and all Ill check the radio out here obviously but have NO USE FOR IT if I take it. Ifanyone may be interested contact me please and we can work something out. This is a high power radio it runs a pair of 80 Watt 2SC-2290 final transistors in the PA Board amplifier section of the radio so it barks loud on AM and FM I take this in I may even do some sort of a swap ham gear 2 meter stuff for him SSB radio or just plain old cash ;)

I will look at it and will post a price when it arrives but the price will be reasonable as I just have no use for this type of radio. or even if you have 2 meter equipment or a decent 2950DX or another nice 10 Meter Radio with SSB to swap him or me for this High Power AM/FM radio.

Here is what the radio is
http://www.galaxyradios.com/48Tinfo.html

I'm a pest...any word Tony?

Hey bud , Sorry for the delay. As most here on the forum know my health has been rough up and down and Ive been through 4 surgeries since April 13th I have been extremely sick and it all ties into the Colon Cancer I had a looooong battle with now its all the side affects I am battling an infection that has almost got me o beat me twice since this spring and went back to St. Josephs In Marshfield Wisconcin 2 weeks ago as they saved me again and straightened out yet another hospitals screw ups as they were dealing with something they shouldn't have and had known nothing about 9Thats another story but isn't important right now0 anyways Ive been out of town as I am a few hours from this big hospital and don't drive due to poor eyesight now so at stay with a buddy and his family who live 45 minutes from this particular hospital when I have appointments as its not so long of a ride to do in one day especially after this last surgery 'uncomfortable" ;)

Anyways I have an appointment Weds and will go home Thursday, The guy that has the radio and Im helping out / trading has the radio ready to do in its box and has one of the Monkey Made Antennas hes bringing me aswell. Im giving him a handheld 2 meter 70 cm radio a Mobile 2 meter radio and a 2 meter mobile antenna. As soon as he brings it and I test it Ill go from there as I have no use for that type of radio and again I am only doing this to help this fella out as I have TONS of radio gear and a lot of it is just sitting and Ive posted things and nobody seems to have money to play with in this economy which is understandable let alone things to trade. I normally would do this type of trade but this guy is a great guy super funny and a nice guy and I believe he and his wife take care of a grand baby so moneys tight and Im all for helping the right / legit people who honestly could use the help as people have helped me when I needed it "Pay It Forward"

Anyways once I get it Ill know more about it but its supposed to be like new condition once Im home he will stop and we will get him setup and going and Ill hook the radio up and make sure all is good as I value my 100% feedback and have sent radio to Korea with out a problem and always said have nothing to gain by sending out junk and have been burned twice and know how wrong it is and how it feels so I have to make sure I know what I have and what Im sending to someone else after visual and operating inspection. Ill get it figured out when I get home this week ;)

Again Im truly sorry for the delay on this but just wanted to see who was interested in this type of High Power AM/FM Rig before hand so I know how far I can go as far as helping set this fella up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bundy
Hey bud , Sorry for the delay. As most here on the forum know my health has been rough up and down and Ive been through 4 surgeries since April 13th I have been extremely sick and it all ties into the Colon Cancer I had a looooong battle with now its all the side affects I am battling an infection that has almost got me o beat me twice since this spring and went back to St. Josephs In Marshfield Wisconcin 2 weeks ago as they saved me again and straightened out yet another hospitals screw ups as they were dealing with something they shouldn't have and had known nothing about 9Thats another story but isn't important right now0 anyways Ive been out of town as I am a few hours from this big hospital and don't drive due to poor eyesight now so at stay with a buddy and his family who live 45 minutes from this particular hospital when I have appointments as its not so long of a ride to do in one day especially after this last surgery 'uncomfortable" ;)

Anyways I have an appointment Weds and will go home Thursday, The guy that has the radio and Im helping out / trading has the radio ready to do in its box and has one of the Monkey Made Antennas hes bringing me aswell. Im giving him a handheld 2 meter 70 cm radio a Mobile 2 meter radio and a 2 meter mobile antenna. As soon as he brings it and I test it Ill go from there as I have no use for that type of radio and again I am only doing this to help this fella out as I have TONS of radio gear and a lot of it is just sitting and Ive posted things and nobody seems to have money to play with in this economy which is understandable let alone things to trade. I normally would do this type of trade but this guy is a great guy super funny and a nice guy and I believe he and his wife take care of a grand baby so moneys tight and Im all for helping the right / legit people who honestly could use the help as people have helped me when I needed it "Pay It Forward"

Anyways once I get it Ill know more about it but its supposed to be like new condition once Im home he will stop and we will get him setup and going and Ill hook the radio up and make sure all is good as I value my 100% feedback and have sent radio to Korea with out a problem and always said have nothing to gain by sending out junk and have been burned twice and know how wrong it is and how it feels so I have to make sure I know what I have and what Im sending to someone else after visual and operating inspection. Ill get it figured out when I get home this week ;)

Again Im truly sorry for the delay on this but just wanted to see who was interested in this type of High Power AM/FM Rig before hand so I know how far I can go as far as helping set this fella up.

Sorry for the double post everyone.

Tony, first off I wish you a speedy recovery!!
Secondly, you did not owe me or anyone else an explanation. I hope my "pest" posting did not come off as being annoyed or disappointed. Thanks for the update, and again please get well soon. Your a great asset to the forum.

Reactions: binrat
Sorry for the double post everyone.

Tony, first off I wish you a speedy recovery!!
Secondly, you did not owe me or anyone else an explanation. I hope my "pest" posting did not come off as being annoyed or disappointed. Thanks for the update, and again please get well soon. Your a great asset to the forum.
Thanks bud, No I knew you were being funny and I live life lightly so no offense taken ;)

Radio arrived its a nice radio has box nice chrome mobile bracket stock mic but I will throw in the RK56 I tried it on the radio and it really hammered with it and Im up to my elbows in microphones so this RK56 will go with the radio. There is upgraded power cord that was changed over to the HF rig style 6 pin like most HF rigs use aswell as the RCI 2970 radios. The radio on low dead keys 20 Watts and you talk and it hits 200 Watts like nothing!! has internal cooling fan echo the whole ball of wax. face lights up and has 3 settings for brightness Im not into these but I have to admit I am totally impressed with this AM/FM beast of a radio and let me tell you it has some major audio I couldn't believe it!!! Anyway Im not into this type of thing but for someone who is you will have fun with this thing and its nice looking.

52na7p.jpg

2prcis8.jpg

Reactions: zinger827
I would like to know what your looking to get for it after Bundy gets his shot at it. Them later 48T's are nice as they have freq. counter plug on back.

Reactions: Bundy
Ok I haven't heard from those that asked about this crazy loud radio as I was awaiting its arrival. So here it is $275.00 Shipped and insured this radio is not light so shipping with the insurance is going to cost a bit but Im telling you Im not kidding when I tell you this thing hammers and is LOUD!! Like I said with variable power knob turned all the way down on low setting it dead keys about 20 watts and hits 200 watts like right now. it has built in fan which is a huge plus!! it covers 10-11 Meters and if this thing had SSB I might have thought about keeping it but I am not an AM user it would be a fun DX radio on 29.600 FM that's for sure LOL!! I know I have a stock bracket the original box and the stock Microphone if someone takes it soon so I don't have to list it other places I will throw in an excellent Turner RK56. Radio also has plug on the rear for external matching frequency counter/display.

If I were an AM user I would keep this audio and power monster but I am a HF user with mainly SSB and a little occasional 10 Meter FM use. Like I said if this had SSB ide keep it for a easy 10 meter mobile / portable I like the 10Awg power wire and HF 6 pin Molex plug and socket upgrade she definitely not going starve for power draw that's for sure. very cool radio $275.00 and its sold and shipped as soon as payment is here. any interest send me a message. I have another Surgery this week but it will be an out patient this time so Ill be home.

ide be willing to trade this radio for something I am Sideband user so keep this in mind so amplifiers Radio would have be SSB And be stable no drifting and no warbly Oscillating issues. Amplifiers would have to be AB biased. Also consider other items of equal value. I just wont use this radio. I havent listed this anywhere else yet as I havent been home and just had another hospital procedure yesterday and will be home tomorrow. I didnt want to craiglist it here do to trouble makers in the area getting their hands on it and it passing through all their hands causing even louder hate and discontent and people getting mad for contributing to it. Anyways Ide even consider partial trades depending what you have or have in mind.

This really is a neat and impressive radio and will certainly get the job done. I seen that they get more power yet out of them but why beat the thing if 200 cant get it done then you better get a better antenna ;) Ill wait a few days but then will post it elsewhere as I have been selling due to having way to much that I don't and wont use and Im hit that point where cleanup id do LOL!!

Last edited:
Nobody has anything to swap for this AM Battle Axe?? I had one trade offer, Anyone else into AM/FM That would get some use out of this thing??

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated