• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone into L.E.D. flashlights?

Right around the time Larry posted this my Nebo Redline 6k took a dive onto the concrete. Wife has adopted this one for dog walking...and she left in her jacket which she was carrying out the door. Pulled the jacket from under her arm and the light went flying.

She picked it up and it still worked. Then it didn’t, then it did, then it didn’t.

I pulled it apart and saw that the led had detached from the aluminum body. If you pressed it’d light right up (and blind you).

I figured I’d just go to nebo and buy an led module. No such luck. Complicated online warranty submission, pictures, scanned receipts...and I didn’t even buy the light. Anyway, wife decided to call and give it a shot. They asked her to send the just the led in a padded envelope.

She did...and yesterday brand spanking new Redline 6k came in the mail. New batteries and all.

Cant say I’m disappointed!

I EDC a Fenix E01 and a Sofirn Co1. I like both, but the Sofirn is my favorite. It is based on the E01 design, which is a joule thief circuit. But where the Fenix has a cool color temperature, the Sofirn has a warm 3000k Yuji emitter. Love that Yuji and want more of them to put in other lights!

I also have a Reylight aaa copper pineapple with the Nochia 219C emitter.

I love incans too, and still have and use quite a few of them. And I use real, non-halogen incan light bulbs in my home. I used to like CFLs when they first came out. I've learned to hate them, and won't use them in my home.

Reactions: 357magnum
I love incans too, and still have and use quite a few of them. And I use real, non-halogen incan light bulbs in my home. I used to like CFLs when they first came out. I've learned to hate them, and won't use them in my home.
Several years back I replaced our 2 CLF fixtures (two tubes ea.) with 4 of the CREE L.E.D. tubes. Now we have lots more light and using only 15 watts per tube instead of the 40 per tube. There are 300 l.e.d.'s in each tube.

I don't necessarily have anything against the LED household lights. Just that the PTB tried to make incans obsolete, fade into the sunset and all that jazz. Incans still have a few things going for them, and I'm not ready to discard a technology that works. Kinda like AM. ;)

As for CFLs, one of those nearly burned down a house with me in it. Right before bedtime, too. They also make RF hash. And anyone who thinks they're efficient should try running them on an inverter sometime.

Reactions: 357magnum
Several years back I replaced our 2 CLF fixtures (two tubes ea.) with 4 of the CREE L.E.D. tubes. Now we have lots more light and using only 15 watts per tube instead of the 40 per tube. There are 300 l.e.d.'s in each tube.

I’m slowly making my way towards LEDs in and outside the house, prioritizing as I go.

A littler easier to do bit by bit, and of course the prices continue to get more realistic as I take my time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.