• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone know what this little box is?

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
I recently acquired this little chrome box with some radio gear. I believe the guy said it was to tune in the antenna....maybe an antenna matcher of some sort?

Attachments

• Unknown item.jpg
    Unknown item.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 18

geesh... i havent seen one of those in years

yup, thats what it is but i wouldnt try to use in on anything other than a box stock, non export radio. the capacitors definitely arent rated for amplifier use

Reactions: 1 person
gee, I bet it is good for at least 2000 Dosy watts,......

and , yes, it is an antenna "tuner"

100 watt capacity. They have a very limited range and I have seen them not even be able to tune a CB antenna to CB frequencies when the antenna was only just a little off.

So.... they are little pieces of crap. Crap somebody made to take some more money away from a CB'er. Seriously.... if I found one stashed away in a box I would hunk it in the trash.

Turbo-T ; The one i grabed out of my junk box has a label on it . CB ANTENNA MATCHER VCB-147 ,Veritas Electronics corp. Farmingdale N.Y. In my opinion use it for parts on your next homebrew project its not a useable ant; matcher & yes i,ve tried them on different antennas years ago . later Bob.

Ant. Matcher

I got a Radio Shack antenna tuner/matcher. I use it to optimize the receive on my TRC-428 that I have hooked up to a 9' piece of stranded automotive wire until I get my base antenna set up. I would never use it nowadays for anything serious.

Thanks I don't plan on running this anyways. in fact I actually wondered what kind of money it might fetch on eBay. I see a lot of things sell for more than their value there.

Still learning how this posting works.
I did not intend to quote anyone on my previous post.
I just did something different and when I realized my error I tried to edit and still could not remove the quote.
So the posting was not directed at anyone in particular just a mistake on my part.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.