• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone need a classic AM radio?

Rare and vintage is what eBay is all about!!! Those two words used together in the title of the auction are worth $300 to begin with. Add "new" and "gold" to the title and the price is only capped at whatever the idiots..I mean "buyers" limit is on their pre-paid Visa card. I'll be watching this one. :w00t:

Rare and vintage is what eBay is all about!!! Those two words used together in the title of the auction are worth $300 to begin with. Add "new" and "gold" and this could go anywhere. :w00t:

If I am the next powerball winner, this will be mine.

A starting bid of $499? No thanks. I don't care how rare it is. At the end of the day, it's still just a CB radio -- one that probably needs all of its caps replaced too. :headbang

did they ever really come like that or did some one plate that thing?

Last edited:
Wow man only some chump would pay that kinda money fo dat. What an a$$ hat for even listing something like that.

did they ever really come like that or did some one plate that thing?

They came like that. It's pretty much as the seller advertised... Only the top dealers got them.

I've seen one of them in person, long, long ago. This one -and I have to assume it's the same radio- pops up on ebay from time to time.

Maybe someone with more money than sense will pick it up, or perhaps someone who needs it to complete a collection, but there is no way I'd pay that kind of coin for what amounts to a regular ol' 29XLR - even if they were (IMO) the best of the 29s Cobra ever produced.

They came like that. It's pretty much as the seller advertised... Only the top dealers got them.

I've seen one of them in person, long, long ago. This one -and I have to assume it's the same radio- pops up on ebay from time to time.

Maybe someone with more money than sense will pick it up, or perhaps someone who needs it to complete a collection, but there is no way I'd pay that kind of coin for what amounts to a regular ol' 29XLR - even if they were (IMO) the best of the 29s Cobra ever produced.

I was sitting here thinking I had read that a long time ago. Not worth 500 bucks, but it is a little rare.

RT307

electroplated fools gold.

whats worse the greedy man selling the inflated priced radio or the chump
who pays the silly price?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.