• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone remember this old club?

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
photobucket-21829-1346278812060.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

About 1980 or so I joined USS radio club and Sneaky Pete radio both SSB radio clubs south new jersey phila area
Where have all the clubs gone. A local club has formed first order was a banned to talk to list, follow the list or get kicked out!!!!!!!! LoL

About 1980 or so I joined USS radio club and Sneaky Pete radio both SSB radio clubs south new jersey phila area
Where have all the clubs gone. A local club has formed first order was a banned to talk to list, follow the list or get kicked out!!!!!!!! LoL

Goofy guys with goofy rules.....I remember the clubs back in the 70s.....never wanted to get involved.....we had our own talk group on ch 1.

This club is in Chauncey, Ohio near Athens. Building is mostly rented out for different functions. Few old geezers are left to run things.

Place was hugely popular back in the day. CB's were everyone's telephone party line.

This club is in Chauncey, Ohio near Athens. Building is mostly rented out for different functions. Few old geezers are left to run things.

Place was hugely popular back in the day. CB's were everyone's telephone party line.

The old guy who owns the local shooting range is from Athens....his grandpa was the county sheriff back in the 20s-30s....back then nothing happened in his county without his say so.

The old guy who owns the local shooting range is from Athens....his grandpa was the county sheriff back in the 20s-30s....back then nothing happened in his county without his say so.

Chauncey was a rough town back in them days. Big coal mining town with the associated violence and dispair. The big Millfield mine disaster happened a few miles from there.

Millfield Mine disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was the Chief of EMS in Athens county for 22 years. Most of my patients were black lung sufferers, sad. A poor county, but people watch your back and take care of each other. Only bad thing is the Ohio University tree huggers that are allowed to vote in local elections. Young punks vote down issues that help create jobs, then they graduate and move away.

Chauncey was a rough town back in them days. Big coal mining town with the associated violence and dispair. The big Millfield mine disaster happened a few miles from there.

Millfield Mine disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was the Chief of EMS in Athens county for 22 years. Most of my patients were black lung sufferers, sad. A poor county, but people watch your back and take care of each other. Only bad thing is the Ohio University tree huggers that are allowed to vote in local elections. Young punks vote down issues that help create jobs, then they graduate and move away.

I know my grandpa would know about the Millfield Mine disaster...he worked in the coal mines in Ohio.......my moms grandma and grandpa run a boarding house in a coal mine camp up in a hollow in west VA. The Amherstdale coal company was owned by her uncle Dalton...it was a part of the Eagle mines...mom helped grandma at the boarding house.
Yeah....I am sure my kin like the tree huggers.."They own a sawmill and are also in the timber business....those college kids do not understand that the only way those people have to put food on the table is coal mining or logging.

In St Lousi Missouri back in the late 60s and 70s and 80s there was two big CB clubs,Lighting Cab Company and the Fudpuckers...i was with both and in 1976 or so was the Mid West Control ssb club...belonged to it also...73 de JW late not was mc142

Some of those clubs' nets were to CB what a lot of over-structured, formal traffic nets are to amateur radio:

No place I want to be.

As far as the list of unmentionables goes...head thee to a couple select frequencies in the 20M band and ask the inhabitants thereof just how well that particular edict is working out for them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.