• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anyone tried the MFJ-1026 ??

Charlie Brown

certifiable
Dec 18, 2010
Tennessee
www.pedalsteelman.com
I've about had it with the static around my QTH with static. Ive had the power company out here 3 or 4 times. They've replaced two transformers and several insulators. I've even had the guy on the phone with me as he disconnected the power to my neighbors homes to see if it helped. I was sooo impressed with that but never the less the static remains. It was in the 7-9 s-unit range but with his help its in the 2-4 s-unit range now. I started out with an imax at 31.6 per marconi's study basically because I had it on a push up pole at the end of the house. Now I have a V5000 on a crank up tower about 67' to the bottom of the antenna and the static is still here. I am used to dead quiet and feel thats the way it should be but I bought this house and i'm in it for the duration. Ive run a ground wire from the antenna itself all the way to the ground and i've driven down a 9' copper pipe and grounded the antenna. My hands are in the air folks.. Ive got a good collection of radios here and most all of them read about the same thing.

I was wondering if anyone had tried this unit and if it works...? I guess it would go between my radio and my amplifier? looks like that should work..? one would think.. If anyone has tried it i'd like some input as to whether its hard earned $$$ well spent...

Thanks
CB-112 :headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

It does work with some noises, but not with others. It also requires another antenna, the supplied antenna isn't going to 'do' much.
Very basically, what this thing does is receives the same general signal, inverts it, and then 'adds' it back to the original signal to 'cancel' out particular 'ranges' of noise. It is adjustable, meaning that you have some control over which noise 'ranges' you can 'null' out, sort of. When you get 'things' right, then it works pretty good. But there's no guarantee that you can get it adjusted right. The owners/users of this thing either love it or hate it, there ain't no 'middle ground', sort of.
So would it be worth your time/effort? I have no idea! It's one'a them try it and see thingys.
- 'Doc

(This is an 'off-shoot' of a device used by the government at one time. The 'gov's version did work with the right amount of adjustment. It was also much more elaborate/costly than this one. It was the predecessor of the DSP filters, and didn't hang around too long.)

I've wanted to try one for a long time, but I'm too cheap...

Reactions: 1 person
electrical noise

I'm in the same situation as you. heavy line noise, worked with the power
co etc. some reduced but much still there. I just put up a maco, which is
far quieter then a home brew GP I had. my problem is more on 80mtrs,
where I have a 3el 1/4 wave vertical beam. 3 58' push up masts with
90-100 radials under each of them and quite noisy. I've been looking at
the mfj-1026 to. a google shows some reviews with recordings of the 1026
impressively nulling out the noise. I guess the trick is to use a sense
antenna that can hear the noise better then the signal you are trying to
hear. then you can null it out. if it would work, it would be worth it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.