• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone use or know about this coax?

Thanks OB.
What I was wondering was that if it is mil-surp.....will normal coax pl259 connectors fit on it.....this stuff looks pretty big....I remember once a long time ago a friend bought some coax from a gov auction and it was so big that 259 connectors would not fit.

Time is running out.....soon the weather will not permit climbing the tower......the coax will have to be cut into 2 125ft sections and pl-259s soldered on.

Coleman Cable 8409f M17/74-rg213 Mil-c-17?

Coleman is a high quality cable manufacturer, M17/74 is the latest military designation for what cb'ers/hams called RG8/u and then later it was superceeded by RG213/u, Mil-c-17 usually followed by a letter was the previous equivalent spec to M17/74, the lower in the alphabet the letter that follows Mil-c-17, the older the cable is, ie Mil-c-17d is older than mil-c-17f, which was the last mil-c-17? cable i saw before it became M17/74.

as cable like that has a twenty year shelf life its probably best to stick to mil-c-17f or M17/74 cables nowadays as the earlier ones will be near or past their shelf life.

best plugs would be amphenol 83-1sp (standard original pl259) or silver plated ones of similar size, another option is 10.3 mm/ .405" compression fit plugs.

don't forget the self amalgamating tape or other type of sealant, climbing roofs/towers in bad weather to fix problems is no fun.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.