• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone want a free Cobra 29?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I have a Cobra 29 that I shipped new to someone with an IRF520 mod (if I remember correctly). They managed to smoke the radio because of a poor install and proceeded to berate me. After refunding the money, I worked on it for a while and replaced several bad components...see other thread (audio transformer, coil, a diode I didn't have the right value for, etc., etc.). I'm pretty sure I know where the problem is now, but I don't have the time to deal with it and it's been sitting here for months. This radio also isn't my best work because at some point I stopped caring and just started hacking on it. So if you get it, don't judge me based on this radio.

If you want it, you can have...just pay for shipping. Don't ask me questions about what is wrong with it. Don't ask me what I replaced or what was done, or anything about the inside. I'm GIVING this away because I DON'T have time to deal with it right now and it's in my way. Cosmetically, it is perfect. If nothing else, you can use it for parts. If you feel like fixing it, then you will have a Cobra 29 you can use.

If you do fix it, please let me know what the diagnosis was: I think I know, but like I said: I just care and don't have time to troubleshoot radios right now.

Send it back to cobra, let them send ya a refurb for it. I know uniden wants $40.50 and say they will refurb it but probably just send a different refurb.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.