• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 500M

Kung Fu Panda

Jul 5, 2018
Anyone know how to do the settings in the service menu. Press the up/down buttons while powering on brings up a menu but cant change anything in the menu. The problem is the RF meter is pegged on receive and doesn't show any bars on transmit, but radio is working perfect. Any help appreciated.

Anyone know how to do the settings in the service menu. Press the up/down buttons while powering on brings up a menu but cant change anything in the menu. The problem is the RF meter is pegged on receive and doesn't show any bars on transmit, but radio is working perfect. Any help appreciated.
If it's a new purchase, I'd send it back.

Changes to values in the service menu can be done while pushing the PTT button and holding it while using the up/down channel buttons to change values. The setting you might be interested in is the RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) menu setting. Hope this helps.
I can't get that setting to change doing as explained and can't get over 20% modulation

I can get into service settings but no setting for modulation change any suggestions. I like radio but no modulation and meter reading too high on receive RSSI want change even with PTT button pressed plus sending back is a no no TO CHINA.

Have you done a reset? The value that I had on mine was C4. Changed it to different values but did not see any changes on the signal display. I have seen a list of default values on the internet for a different brand but same radio with value of BE.
My radio give four bars most the time if there is more electrical noise....five bars. If I remove the antenna there is no sound or bars on the display.

Changing the value for RSSI is erratic. It changes but only one step if you press up or down again it does not do anything.

Hope it helps.

Maybe your problem is noise from your power supply. As I said changing values on my radio doesn't seem to affect the signal meter. I would try another power supply.
The radio is good for the price. I only paid 99 CAD for it.
When I got my radio I used a 2.5 amp power supply and on transmit it would only show four bars modulation on the meter. Then I swapped to a bigger power supply and now it is full bars. Neither power supply was noisy.
I hope you find a solution for your radio.

Thanks, but I'm using a 60 Amp power supply connected to a AT-5555n11 radio on D band that works great meter works fine so I think it's radio problem. I tried 2 radio's they did the same no modulation and bad S meter well about 20% modulation I have another radio coming if I get 3 out of 3 bad I'll quit trying but the AT500M is almost same as AT 5555N11 just no SSB and lot sm,aller for my new Frontier mounted on cup holder mount

Would be great radio if signal meter worked proper. Have changed settings for rsssi for 4 hours still can't find setting that everyone says seems to work. change 1-2 settings and have to reboot into service mode

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.