• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 5555

Dave with the 6900 that I programmed I could put any channel anywhere I wanted, here some 10 meter guys talk on 28.450 so I had that right next to 29.610 on the same band because the locals talk there too. I did have all the 10 meter channels on the same band, I used F for the ones I programmed with the computer and my laptop does have Windows 7 in it, works with no problems.

Ok the latest, I got a program for the CRT SS6900 version 6. Hooked up the AT5555 today and did the program without a hitch. So I guess even though the board says version 5 on the Anytone it needs version 6 software to program, all is good here. I am impressed with the all around operation of the radio, you can adjust the mic gain through the front panel, recieve and transmit are really great and the one I have does just 50 watts on SSB. I will say it is no Yeticom Optima but for 200 dollars it sure is a good second place finisher. The Optima is the best all around radio I have ever used and I am 58 years old, been using the Optima in the mobile talking skip all around the world with it's 55 watt output so the Optima is GREAT but the AT 5555 works very well but is no Optima

Attachments

• anytone 5555 CRT SS6900 Twins 10-5-12.jpg
    anytone 5555 CRT SS6900 Twins 10-5-12.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5
I've had 3 and this latest is really the best version 5 with firmware 6. Hears and talks really well. Actually heard a you tube video of my station on a guys mobile in Vermont. Over 200 air miles according to the listener. Tomorrow my latest toy should be here a Voyager 9000 from Thialand. Went through customs yesterday, should be like the version 5 but with something different in the frequency circuit

we might have talked already I use 348 Tom and hang out on lower 39 99% of the time. Do you talk to Pat 409 ? I try to catch him on 42 lower or 38 lower sometimes he finds me on 39 lower too

I talk to 409 Pat almost every day, lol. 231 Jim here. :D I think we did talk once. I also talk to 105 Shawn, 120 Joe, and all those guys.

We are usually on 38lsb and 42lsb.

I hear you guys quite a bit, I also listen on 42 along with 38 when it's quiet on 39L. Guess I'll have to see if we can have a QSO, 348 Tom from Jamesburg and we'll try it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.