• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666 base microphone ?

jrd426

Sep 5, 2018
Hi guys, i plan on using 6666 as a base radio with a power supply sometimes and wondering if anyone has had any luck with a particular desk mic? I realize the at6666 uses a Electret mic supplied with the radio as a stock mic. Is there such a thing in a desk mic configuration available ? Holding the stock hand mic is not a big deal but am just thinking using a desk mic that sounds good on this radio would be nice. I suppose if a Electret type mic element is really needed, maybe a "retrofit"of sorts could work in a desk mic body. I did do some searching on this so not to beat a dead horse but didn't come up with much. Your thoughts are appreciated. 73s jeff

Reactions: Eldorado828

Hi guys, i plan on using 6666 as a base radio with a power supply sometimes and wondering if anyone has had any luck with a particular desk mic? I realize the at6666 uses a Electret mic supplied with the radio as a stock mic. Is there such a thing in a desk mic configuration available ? Holding the stock hand mic is not a big deal but am just thinking using a desk mic that sounds good on this radio would be nice. I suppose if a Electret type mic element is really needed, maybe a "retrofit"of sorts could work in a desk mic body. I did do some searching on this so not to beat a dead horse but didn't come up with much. Your thoughts are appreciated. 73s jeff
You're kind of in the same boat as us looking for a good hand mic alternative, There's just not a great one out there.
Your idea is one I also pondered, fitting an existing mic with the innards of the stock mic but I myself just put it to rest.

But the good news is that Anytone is actually working on one for us! When it comes, who knows

I re-worked an Astatic D104 with a new electret cartridge and it works, sounds and matches up very well with a couple of my radios that prefer electret like your Quad 6.
I also purchased an electret desk mic from W2ENY not long ago which I'm very happy with. $50 and he will install the correct connector on it for you. Great audio reports on it.
20230722_112717.jpg 7 3

I re-worked an Astatic D104 with a new electret cartridge and it works, sounds and matches up very well with a couple of my radios that prefer electret like your Quad 6.
I also purchased an electret desk mic from W2ENY not long ago which I'm very happy with. $50 and he will install the correct connector on it for you. Great audio reports on it.
View attachment 64816 7 3
I like that mic, you have a link?
Does it feed juice from the radio or need a battery?
I've got am Italian desk mic zetagi but it's just meh.. jmo

Reactions: Crawdad
I like that mic, you have a link?
Does it feed juice from the radio or need a battery?
I've got am Italian desk mic zetagi but it's just meh...
www.w2eny.com

Voltage from the radio. But he also sells a battery pack if needed. Doubtful you'll need it if your rig(s) are using an electret now. He'll ask you what radio you'll be using it on. He responds to emails pretty quickly.
He also sells D104 upgrade kits for anyone out there with a dead crystal cartridge.

7 3

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.