• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666 HiFi mods?

Thank you so much for responding to these posts. I might try your suggestion with the different capacitors for the receive end of the Q6. I just reverted it back to the stock receive when I was swapping different caps out. That's awesome that you run rack gear also. I just find that way much more versatile because it will work for any radio you wire it up for and you will always get unsolicited compliments on your audio. I also replaced the two op amps from the 4558s to 4580s. It made a big difference in the high end silibance that was just muddy to okay before. More clean and crisp. Even with the stock microphone like you said sounds so good comparatively after the mods. The 575 is a great mic to hold on to. For studio mics I have been using the Heil PR40. Other microphones work great too but the flat response of the PR40 just makes the wideness of the audio stand out where the other studio mics don't do that. Thanks for your input, without your help I wouldn't have been able to do this!
Sweet on replacing those crappy old 4558s lol. I've considered that myself. Nice to see a report of someone that has actually done it. I should have documented the values I settled on but I never exactly what I would call perfected either radio of mine. I had full intentions of coming back to them and doing a full map out and perfecting of all the mods but a guy liked the one I was running rack on so much he talked me out of it like it was and the one in my mobile was so good I just left it in there too lol. I'm still running it! Maybe I'll revisit it someday but it's great just the way I left it. I run it every day! I'm glad someone has gotten some use from my posts. Check me out on my Facebook...Panic Attack.

Reactions: Kristopher burt
Sweet on replacing those crappy old 4558s lol. I've considered that myself. Nice to see a report of someone that has actually done it. I should have documented the values I settled on but I never exactly what I would call perfected either radio of mine. I had full intentions of coming back to them and doing a full map out and perfecting of all the mods but a guy liked the one I was running rack on so much he talked me out of it like it was and the one in my mobile was so good I just left it in there too lol. I'm still running it! Maybe I'll revisit it someday but it's great just the way I left it. I run it every day! I'm glad someone has gotten some use from my posts. Check me out on my Facebook...Panic Attack.
View attachment websdr_recording_2023-03-24T22_36_32Z_27500.0kHz (2).wav So this was recorded a few months ago. It's not the best but it is a sample. This was recorded on a websdr out of California while I was in the Great Lakes region in Illinois. I don't know what kind of signal I was giving this station but the audio made the trip.

View attachment 63698 So this was recorded a few months ago. It's not the best but it is a sample. This was recorded on a websdr out of California while I was in the Great Lakes region in Illinois. I don't know what kind of signal I was giving this station but the audio made the trip.
Very nice, exceptionally clean sound. Reminded me of 131 Mustang Radio. Definitely improved the high frequency tearing sound over stock. You run a different style audio than I do. Which is fine. Not saying anything bad at all. Yours is nice and open. I run a heavy bit of processing and a lot of compressed mid low range for power, density and drive. I'm going for density and powerful sound so long as my highs and intelligibility can keep up.....full on God mode lol. I also have open programs configured too but I really like that reverberated nicely defined low end! Thank for posting a recording, the op amps are definitely worth replacing!
Did it change any gain in the AF chain?
Thanks
Panic Attack

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Very nice, exceptionally clean sound. Reminded me of 131 Mustang Radio. Definitely improved the high frequency tearing sound over stock. You run a different style audio than I do. Which is fine. Not saying anything bad at all. Yours is nice and open. I run a heavy bit of processing and a lot of compressed mid low range for power, density and drive. I'm going for density and powerful sound so long as my highs and intelligibility can keep up.....full on God mode lol. I also have open programs configured too but I really like that reverberated nicely defined low end! Thank for posting a recording, the op amps are definitely worth replacing!
Thanks
Panic Attack

Thanks
Panic Attack

Thanks
Panic Attack
Replacing the op amps at least with what I replaced it with, did not change the af gain that I can notice, just the clarity. I had other op amps that would have worked compatibility speaking but who knows what it would sound like I just put the 4580s in because these came in first from Amazon, couldn't wait. Okay, so your exactly who I want to talk to about this. God Mode. That's what I'm after but
Thanks
Panic Attack
It didn't change the af gain that I could tell, just the clarity. I bought better ones at least on paper anyway, I just put in the 4580s because that came in first at my door. Couldn't wait to try. God mode is what I'm all about. I'm trying to go that route but I don't know what I need. The anytone q6 is the only radio that I'm running at the moment because it does everything. Help me out Panic! So, I can run more low end and more drive I just figured I needed more tx bandwidth to make it sound better, I can't tell if the audio sounds bad with a lot more low end. Maybe it's not the ideal radio. People tell me I'm too quiet, more compression? Tell me what I'm doing wrong. Here is the rack that I run, maybe not what I need, but I'm just plugging equipment to it and moving knobs. IMG_20230504_200817586.jpgother rack units I got rid of because I found better options. God mode Fully supported here. How do you get your sound? What am I doing wrong? Is it just more bandwidth I need?

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I'd ditch the reverb an sonic exciter, all they do is ad harmonics(but if that's what your after, go for it) ... a properly setup compressor and a little bit of eq should be all you need for audio punch. Not sure what you mean by God mode

Compression for one. Also you need another mod done on your radio. Get with me on Facebook. I'm just Panic Attack on Facebook. Add me and shoot me a message who you are.

Reactions: Kristopher burt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?