• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666 no swing

lucky43113

Jul 26, 2022
I have a brand new never opened anytone 6666 and a KLV550 amp. My issue is the radio will do 2 watt dead key thats fine but only swings to 5 watt and will not drive the amp. Anyone have any suggestions?

Has anyone had their grubby hands in it? Have you tested the radio alone? Into a dummy load?

Report back with the radio being tested without the amp in line

Low power dk
Low power pep
High power dk
High power pep

I don't remember what the bone stock quad 6 does out of the box but thinking it should do better than that.

I dont have a dummy load

low power dk 2 watt
low power pep 5 watt
high power dk 15 watt
high power pep 45 watt

radio is bone stock

I dont have a dummy load

low power dk 2 watt
low power pep 5 watt
high power dk 15 watt
high power pep 45 watt

radio is bone stock
OK, what type of meter and antenna are you using to test? Those measurements won't be very accurate but good enough to safely say the radio seems to be working correctly. Looks like a tune-up would resolve the swing. You could simply turn up you modulation but really it need to be done using the right test equipment so you don't make it nasty. Is there a reputable shop near you?

OK, what type of meter and antenna are you using to test? Those measurements won't be very accurate but good enough to safely say the radio seems to be working correctly. Looks like a tune-up would resolve the swing. You could simply turn up you modulation but really it need to be done using the right test equipment so you don't make it nasty. Is there a reputable shop near you?
using an a99 and there is no one close to me my tech is down for a while

using an a99 and there is no one close to me my tech is down for a while
Sounds like the radio is a little anemic for the amplifier as it sits. A good tune-up should take care of it but don't let anybody talk you into a swing mod or that kind of garbage. The quad 6 once set up correctly will have plenty of modulation.

Last edited:
Sounds like the radio is a little anemic for the amplifier as it sits. A good tune-up should take care of it but don't let anybody talk you into a swing mod or that kind of garbage. The quality 6 once set up correctly will have plenty of modulation.
snake custom radio said he can tune it and set it so it will work right for 55 dollars including return shipping

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.