• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone 6666

BigLou

May 15, 2018
SW FL.
I have this radio and it is a very good radio for what it is. I have one problem with it, i use it as a base and i want to use a new JCD-201-M desktop mic has any one got the wiring for this i dont care if i cant use the up & down buttons. I,m useing a D-104 at this time and it works good but i want to tri the new mic. Big Lou WW708

I went here...

http://knights-electrocom.com/contents/en-uk/p1259.html

And found this in the "write up" under the "MORE" tab.

upload_2020-9-23_21-56-31.png
And...This...
upload_2020-9-23_22-6-9.png

For Reference,
Here is your AT-6666 Mic PLUG wiring
SS9900_WIRING_MIC_CABLE.jpg

The only error I can see in this is how you need to route Green and White from the PTT - in light of this transposition - I will have to leave that choice to you.

Why?

If you own a Grant XL or Cobra 148 that uses a 5-pin with Shield as Ground but uses a COMMON that uses GROUND (NOT EARTH but Battery Negative or FOIL BOARD Ground for Switching) then the two "Grounds" need to be kept separate with SHIELD taking priority - as in, that is the only true Ground present - the Common for Switching may be Grounded too, but that is reserved for SWITCHING and uses the RADIOS Ground for this reference to TX or RX - it's done at the Radio - not at the Mic.

For the AT Quad-6?

AT THE 8-PIN side...
Tie Pin 1 and Pin 4 as GROUND - which when you key the PTT at the MIC - should Ground Pin 3 to Pin 4 AND to Pin 1.​

Now, if you plug this into the Radio and it immediately "keys up" - then Pin 3 and Pin 4 need to be investigated. For if Pin 3 is your actual "switch" - it would be OPEN to Pin 4 and to Pin 1.

What would this mean? It means PTT may be PIN 4 - which is wired (possibly in error) always grounded to Pin 1 ... So then that means Pin 3 and 4 are off - but which way? Well it would tell me the Pin 4 then would be your PTT and Pin 3 is there to GROUND it...
  • This is the difficulty in understanding how Mic wiring and their needed connections are not always well thought out when it comes to the Owners Manual.
To solve - reverse Pins 3 and 4 (AT THE 8-Pin side of the CONNECTOR ADAPTER CORD that goes to the Mic's BASE unit side) - try again...

Attachments

• Jeil_JCD-201M_Users_Manual.pdf
    653 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: WECSOG
Thanks, this helps.

When you search for the Mic, a lot of those images in that article show up, but little if any "wiring setups". That I didn't see anywhere - had to make my own to even show.
  • - so to track all that down took some extra digging
It's good to see someone else jumping in to help!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.