• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone Ares 2

Guys, please exercise a great deal of caution here. Some of the information he gave in the video and what he thinks the menus are for, is incorrect.

And that second harmonic does not exist on my radios here. (Maybe this harmonic is because of the cap change OR the "alignment" of incorrect settings).

Also 50w+? No.

So please be very careful.
I have 50+ watts from my Ares II. But....I modded the PA.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That is a different story, of course!
I did this months ago and discussed it here. I also tried the 68pF cap at that time, which is intended to match the new "upgraded" devices used to increase power. It did diddly squat. I am going to do the same mods to the 5555N2 when I get around to it. I am curious as to what that sucker will do.

Last edited:
Guys, please exercise a great deal of caution here. Some of the information he gave in the video and what he thinks the menus are for, is incorrect.

And that second harmonic does not exist on my radios here. (Maybe this harmonic is because of the cap change OR the "alignment" of incorrect settings).

Also 50w+? No.

So please be very careful.
That's exactly the thinking in regards to it my friend. I'm no technician but I caught what was looking suspect.

Reactions: Woody-202 and Pez
(Maybe this harmonic is because of the cap change OR the "alignment" of incorrect settings)
I don't have a spectrum analyzer in the shop but I can tell the untouched areas 2 I have has out of band emissions, It bleeds over on my computer speakers when keyed which the crtss6900v does not. I have npc off on the areas II because it looks super trashy on the o scope

I don't have a spectrum analyzer in the shop but I can tell the untouched areas 2 I have has out of band emissions, It bleeds over on my computer speakers when keyed which the crtss6900v does not. I have npc off on the areas II because it looks super trashy on the o scope

See below: This is an ARES 2 that I have here. It is very clean, at better than -70dBc on the second harmonic.

PNG4 - Copy2.png

PNG5 - Copy.png

I have posted some scope pictures (NPC OFF) in an earlier post that are very clean as well: https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/anytone-ares-2.265547/post-832392

Last edited:
RFI into computer speakers, does not mean the TX is spurious. It means your speakers are susceptible to RFI, due to rectification. Without a spectrum analyzer, you can't claim the TX is spurious.

Forbid I talk about the quality control on an anytone, all are perfect I stand corrected.
(but my other radios don't bleed on those speakers even when running far more power)
I should probably trade my SA in, for a set of your speakers, they seem to be much more sensitive. ;)

Your issue does seem to point to a different problem though, unless you happen to have an ARES 2 with a fault that we haven't seen before.

Reactions: 738
Forbid I talk about the quality control on an anytone, all are perfect I stand corrected.
(but my other radios don't bleed on those speakers even when running far more power)
Get your hands on a spectrum analyzer and have a look at the spectral purity. At that point, we should discuss it.

Since we are talking about an unknown quantity, perhaps it is your other super high power radios that are dirty, that your speakers like. Maybe because your RF energy is going to spectrum in your speaker's happy place, not in the 11m band.

Last edited:
Reactions: BC Coyote

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.