• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anytone at-3333n no ssb side pls any one that can help i do have parts from a older rig that i stuffed up

41KK407

Apr 19, 2021
hello all i have a big problem with my anytone 5555n its was fine until 3 weeks ago. i have lost the ssb rcv side have not tested transmit on it the am/fm works fine. if i rcv on it it sounds like every one is 100miles away more or less buger all. i have tried the changing finals but thats fine. i do have a spear broken 5555n that will be usd for parts. 73's 41kk407/lwc407 does any one have a clue on the problem is. i do say i have a spear board for parts

if i use the gain on ssb side it wont work up or down
but on am and fm it works fine.
its just dont work on sideband
i do have a loan rig a washington grant 26/27mhz.
yes as im posting this im on ch 38 27mhz

So it looks like 2 rigs you have stuffed up now. Changing the finals to fix a receive issue is a great leap of faith. I am amazed it didn't work. You could consider welding the lids together to keep your fingers out of the these radios. Without the proper gear and smd soldering skills you will only make matters worse. Isn't there anyone in the local KK group who can reccomend a tech in NZ for you?

So it looks like 2 rigs you have stuffed up now. Changing the finals to fix a receive issue is a great leap of faith. I am amazed it didn't work. You could consider welding the lids together to keep your fingers out of the these radios. Without the proper gear and smd soldering skills you will only make matters worse. Isn't there anyone in the local KK group who can reccomend a tech in NZ for you?
lol im a it tech of 30+ years and yes i have all the gear heat temp soldering irons plus the re balling air guns. the first 5555n was on my car dash on a 12 hr car drive in summer. cb got cooked even under a thick cloth. that blew finals and 46c reg so that board will be donate board it did power up on doner board till u hit transmit and blew the fuse. worked fine as long as you dont transmit but now its all striped down. i do have a loan rig thats a grant old style silver face as my washington 26mhz wont fit in my car. and im going to copy all the wireing and xtals to washington as the boards are the same. the lender gave 2 60amp power units to keep and fix them. ps all my home rigs run at 13.9v at 50 amps plus i have a 1000wts power unit as backup
i also fix computers/mainboards and plasma and led/lcd tvs over 50" and the odd 120" rear projector tvs. so nobody can say i dont have a clue what im doing im just a bit stuck on this cb plus i have fixed a few out of band 12 chn cbs.
i forgot to say we had a power spike when all the problems started

lol im a it tech of 30+ years and yes i have all the gear heat temp soldering irons plus the re balling air guns. the first 5555n was on my car dash on a 12 hr car drive in summer. cb got cooked even under a thick cloth. that blew finals and 46c reg so that board will be donate board it did power up on doner board till u hit transmit and blew the fuse. worked fine as long as you dont transmit but now its all striped down. i do have a loan rig thats a grant old style silver face as my washington 26mhz wont fit in my car. and im going to copy all the wireing and xtals to washington as the boards are the same. the lender gave 2 60amp power units to keep and fix them. ps all my home rigs run at 13.9v at 50 amps plus i have a 1000wts power unit as backup
i also fix computers/mainboards and plasma and led/lcd tvs over 50" and the odd 120" rear projector tvs. so nobody can say i dont have a clue what im doing im just a bit stuck on this cb plus i have fixed a few out of band 12 chn cbs.
i forgot to say we had a power spike when all the problems started
I'm not getting something, here. If you're a real tech, why not use a schematic and troubleshoot the damn thing?

Reactions: Pez
I'm not getting something, here. If you're a real tech, why not use a schematic and troubleshoot the damn thing?
Because, he is an IT tech. Not a radio bench tech. You don't have a clue as to what you are doing. Stick to TV's and board level swaps! You can have all the rework tools on the planet but, without an RF signal generator, you are going NOWHERE!

look all im asking is if somebody has the same problem i have how did they fix the problem. and im a computer it not a dam radio tech i prefer to keep my fingers out of cbs

A schemo would really help in your case. There was once a video on the tube with a guy having a similar problem with the same radio. Turned out in his case to be a surface mount component with a bad solder joint on a pad if memory serves me right.

But the finals definitely wouldn't be a place to start.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
I just need clarification. Is TX okay AM/SSB? Need to know if a common circuit is the problem here. If you are only dealing with a RX issue, I would start at the first RF amp in the RX chain. But, I am just guessing here, because I don't know enough about your radio.

A schemo would really help in your case. There was once a video on the tube with a guy having a similar problem with the same radio. Turned out in his case to be a surface mount component with a bad solder joint on a pad if memory serves me right.

But the finals definitely wouldn't be a place to start.
i did the finals and that was dine i may just check over with magnifier and check for dry joints. thanks for telling me ..

73's and have a nice/c@@l day

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.