• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-5555N frequency expansion - solder question

Dart

Oct 18, 2012
Ok, dumb question but I really don't know the answer. I have a Anytone 5555N that needs the mod done to get 11meters. I found a photo online that says to bridge this area with solder. My question is, do I simply load the area up with solder and cross the board? Will the solder damage the board? Or am I supposed to try and keep solder off of the green pc board?

I just can't see my mailing the radio out and paying for something so simple. I just want to be sure that the board holds up when I try and bridge this area.

Thanks in advance.

image.jpeg

just create a solder bridge op1 to op1 you don't need tons of solder, i have a anytone 5555n and did the mod works great.

Some practice is essential like Mudfood said. Also, if you start with quality solder and an adjustable heat small tip soldering iron, success will be assured. I won’t go into all the different quality solder brands and sizes, there’s plenty of that info on-line. Just stay away from any lead free solder and acid core types.

Reactions: Chevboy0167

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.