• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AnyTone AT-5888UV memories

bradvoy

Mar 24, 2013
I just got one of these, and it's working well. Most of the functions are easy to access with the front-panel buttons and the settings menu. However I cannot figure out how to store a frequency in a memory using the front panel. The procedure in the manual, as I understand it, is:

1. In VFO mode select the frequency you want to store.
2. Press the Set button until you see the memory number start flashing.
3. Turn the selector knob until the desired memory number is shown.
4. Press the Set button again.

When I do this I don't see the "MEM IN" confirmation message, and my frequency doesn't get stored in the memory. Am I misunderstanding the instructions in the manual? Can anyone help clarify this procedure for me?

Thanks in advance.

On step 4, you have to press and HOLD the Set button until it shows "MEM IN". If you just tap it, it doesn't store the memory.

How do you set the Home memory? The manual tells how to use the Home memory (just press the HM key), but it doesn't say how to save a frequency in the Home memory.

S.W.A.G
Display frequency you want to be "HOME". Press and 'hold' HOME button.

If that works I am a genius, if not... "move along, nothing here to see..."

:D

Mike

S.W.A.G

Mike

No, that toggles it into dual watch mode.

I couldn't figure out how to change it through the radio, so I just used the included software - much easier and faster.

S.W.A.G

Mike

My guess was to press and hold SET and then press and hold HOME. Neither my idea not yours worked. Guess I'll have to use the software.

Seemed like such a 'slam-dunk' to press and hold home, but to get dual-watch. I have to admit I depend on the programing software more than I should for my little collection of radios.

Mike

My guess was to press and hold SET and then press and hold HOME. Neither my idea not yours worked. Guess I'll have to use the software.

After I made that last post, I opened the software to find the "home" setting. I couldn't find it! So, I guess I never DID figure out how to program it :(

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.