• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone At-5888uv Programming

bradvoy

Mar 24, 2013
I'm using Chirp to program an Anytone AT-5888UV. It seems to work correctly except for one thing: one of my memories keeps getting stored in the radio with a positive offset even though I've put "(None)" in the Duplex column for that memory in Chirp. All the other memories correctly store whatever I've entered into the Duplex column in Chirp (+, -, or (None)); it's just this one that won't take what I've placed there.

This problem memory is set to the same frequency as one of my other memories. The other memory uses a positive offset. I'm guessing that that is what's triggering the problem; 2 different memories using the same frequency but different Duplex settings. Is this a known problem with the Anytone? Or could this be a bug in the Chirp software? Does anyone know of a way to work around the issue?

I'm using Chirp to program an Anytone AT-5888UV. It seems to work correctly except for one thing: one of my memories keeps getting stored in the radio with a positive offset even though I've put "(None)" in the Duplex column for that memory in Chirp. All the other memories correctly store whatever I've entered into the Duplex column in Chirp (+, -, or (None)); it's just this one that won't take what I've placed there.

This problem memory is set to the same frequency as one of my other memories. The other memory uses a positive offset. I'm guessing that that is what's triggering the problem; 2 different memories using the same frequency but different Duplex settings. Is this a known problem with the Anytone? Or could this be a bug in the Chirp software? Does anyone know of a way to work around the issue?

I just programmed my 5888uv and had the same problem. I figured it out that it put a - as it is usually a minus. I wanted simplex so the way I fixed it is to change the offset from 0.600000 to 0.000000 It still shows a minus but does tx on simplex.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1