• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-6666 Automatic Noise Limiter CTCSS DCS HF 10&11 M cb mobile radio

I really like this little transceiver. It has most of the features I needed, and a few I didn't. I am responding to the request for where to purchase CTCSS/DCS (Continuous Tone Coded Squelch/Digital Coded Squelch). eBay has the module which is programmable from the panel. Although other options are available, it would negate the ability of changing the settings without opening the radio. Not smart. Prices are in line with the other option. Installation should be a breeze.

I have noticed a lack of good documentation for setting the various settings for Amateur use. Perhaps I am just not used to the way it's done. But a better manual could be put together, and one explaining the various features like PD? What is that? The abbreviations are cryptic and meaningless to me. Perhaps not being a CBer is a disadvantage, as it appears this radio targets the CB audience as well. OBTW I have nothing against CBers as they share a passion for two way radio communications. And I used to run a CB shop back in 1975 in Anaheim CA. Holiday Radio on Katella Avenue.

Now that the code requirement is gone, I'm surprised that more have not migrated to Amateur status. More fun, more equipment available that is legal.

So if any of you have worked on better documentation... let me know. I struggled for an hour last night trying to find a menu that didn't exist, and acronyms that weren't shown in my manual, or the one I got on line from that fella in the Netherlands.

Regards
Dave

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.