• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone AT-6666 SSB power Adjustment?

I am just trying to figure out how the Anytone AT-6666 SSB power can be internally turned down. I would like it to operate between 25-30watts. My guess is I could adjust the POT labeled SSB PH inside on the board. Can anyone tell me if they have done this and how?
I use the RF knob on the RF gain and RF power knob to adjust output power.

I am just trying to figure out how the Anytone AT-6666 SSB power can be internally turned down. I would like it to operate between 25-30watts. My guess is I could adjust the POT labeled SSB PH inside on the board. Can anyone tell me if they have done this and how?
You have a knob on the top row labeled PWR for RF power going out of the radio. Just use a wattmeter ands dial the output power back. No need to get inside the radio. God to Youtube.com and watch a few editorials on the radio to find out what dials do what, if you do not have a manual for the radio. KI5UHA or 030 on 27.385 to 425 lsb, Gary.

Reactions: S&W357
You can adjust W3 (SSBPH), but I would adjust W6 (SSBANL) first. If you can't get down to 25~30 watts, then adjust W3 for less than 12v @ TP9.

W900 - VOL - Echo Volume
W901 - DEL - Echo Delay
W800 - RF Gain/Power
W801 - Clarifier/Squelch
W802 - Power Switch/Volume
W500 - FMMOD - FM Modulation (Deviation) set to 2Khz
W501 - AMMOD - AM Modulation - AM TX 1khz@30% modulation Mic gain Max RFPower Max - turn W5 full CCW; adjust W501 for 95% modulation;
adjust W5 for 90% modulation
W502 - SSB Carrier Balance - USB/LSB TX mic gain Min RF Power Max - set to minimum watts
W1 - PL - RF Power Min FM no mod set to 2 watt
W2 - AMPH - AM Power High - 12watt RF Power Max
W3 - SSBPH - SSB Power High - USB TX no mod RF Power Max adjust for 12v @ TP9
W4 - FMPH - FM Power High - 30watt RF Power Max
W5 - AMANL - AM Modulation - see W501
W6 - SSBANL - SSB Modulation - 60watt RF Power Max
W7 - Final Bias
W8 - Pre-Driver Bias
W9 - Driver Bias
Pre-Driver Bias - J3 - Pre-Driver disconnect
Driver Bias - J4 - Driver Disconnect
Final Bias -

Good Luck
SSB/ANL is sideband modulation not power.

Reactions: Rwb
You have a knob on the top row labeled PWR for RF power going out of the radio. Just use a wattmeter ands dial the output power back. No need to get inside the radio. God to Youtube.com and watch a few editorials on the radio to find out what dials do what, if you do not have a manual for the radio. KI5UHA or 030 on 27.385 to 425 lsb, Gary.
SSB pwr

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.