• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone Stock Mic/TX Noise Gate

jdchet

Jan 19, 2002
Rootstown, Ohio
Do any of the Anytone operators out there have any experience running the stock mic with the TX noise gate while running mobile?
I run my 5555NII exclusively in the big truck. I always have a window cracked open. Due to the background noise inherent in big truck mobile operation, I have always run a noise cancelling mic (usually an Astatic 636). The 636 sounds decent but, I've noticed many say the stock mic is the best fit for these radios. Any thoughts and opinions?

Thank You,
JD

Reactions: Eldorado828

Do any of the Anytone operators out there have any experience running the stock mic with the TX noise gate while running mobile?
I run my 5555NII exclusively in the big truck. I always have a window cracked open. Due to the background noise inherent in big truck mobile operation, I have always run a noise cancelling mic (usually an Astatic 636). The 636 sounds decent but, I've noticed many say the stock mic is the best fit for these radios. Any thoughts and opinions?

Thank You,
JD
I've played with the txnr a little and had reports of audio still sounding clear and crisp until about level 3. That's with locals around town reporting back.

Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose and either way it'll definitely sound better than the Astatic. You really can't top the stock mic on those radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.