• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AOR 8200 Software

2RT307

Nov 22, 2011
Texas
Hi folks, I am looking at software for the AOR 8200 Mark III. There is a freeby that is no frills from AOR, a program from JAOR, one from Butel, and one from Radiocontrol. Any recommendations on which one to pick?

RT307

Hey Brett, I have heard of both. I would try the one from jaor first. Been along time since I have looked into that software. Were you able to connect the interface cable to your computer?

73's

Hey Eric, , yes, I tried the JAOR software, and it works pretty good. I think it is 59 Euros for the full version. No new developments for this software, and the newest windows version that it is rated for is XP. (I do finally have an XP computer in the shack). Going backwards, I know!

I didn't like the layout of the Butel, but do like the looks and features of the Syslabs RadioControl
RadioControl - Modular Control Software for Radio Receivers and Transceivers

And, the Syslabs program offers support for Windows7, and currently has support via Yahoo Groups, and their regular support through email. I have communicated with Ralf Reiterer (programmer, I assume) via both. This software will also control many other ham rigs as well. It is 49 Euro for the "lite" version that suits my needs, and another 10 to ship it if I decide I want the CD version instead of the download. I am leaning towards this software, as it is "backward compatible" to the XP computer, or I could feasibly run it from my Windows7 laptop.

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.