• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

APRS on Yaesu FTM-350

K4KF

Sep 6, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I transmit an APRS beacon, it only seems to work in manual mode. When in automatic mode the radio seems to be transmitting, but nothing shows up on the position map, only the positions transmitted in manual mode display on the map. I have been through the manual several times and all the settings seem to be correct. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 73 K4KF Wayne

Yes, I think I have the problem solved. I am on the fringe of the coverage area. When stopped I could get in and moving I could not. I roade about 15 miles in the right direction and all worked fine. Thanks for the reply. As usual, it was user error.

Ahh yes, the APRS coverage issue. Maybe look into a different antenna for the mobile? It might help?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.