• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

APRS

I tried it, after I had it hooked up to my D700A and D7AG I asked myself, Self, what is the purpose? Does anyone care where I am at, why would they care where I am at? Why would I care about the location of another APRS user? suuuuuuuuuuuuure maybe during storm watching the net control can see where your at, then after that,,,,,,,,,why?

Waste of money if you ask me, maybe someone can explain more of a use?

I see it as just another something to play with because you can.Other than it has no real purpose.I know of one guy that did APRS from his RV while he was traveling the continent.His daughter could sit at home and see where her parents were at any given time during the summer.Kind of neat in that way but more of a novelty than anything else.

I just like the guy that comes in the commercial and says, "Who's agitating my dots?"

actually, i have changed my position on it. i got the APRS book for fathers day after reading it and getting alot more info from different sources in the book. you might want to at least try it the govt. is as resource for faster response times for responders in an emergency situation. there is a lot more to it than tracking a vehicle or hiker, it was actually informative to see how much it has to offer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.