• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AR-10 Ringo dimensions

antman

Jan 17, 2010
I am looking for dimensions for the 10m Ringo.

I want to upscale it for 20 meters to try in a 4 square phased array configuration, idea being to dispense with radials.

I am mainly interested in the ring dimsensions.

I am looking for dimensions for the 10m Ringo.

I want to upscale it for 20 meters to try in a 4 square phased array configuration, idea being to dispense with radials.

I am mainly interested in the ring dimsensions.

Hmm, I have an 11m Ringo, but getting measurements may be tough for a week or so until after the 'car-wash' rain comes to an end as it's up in the rear of the house as a 2nd monitoring antenna.
When I removed it from a friend's home a month or three ago and replaced it with an Imax 2000 he gained 6-7dB on the Icom analog S-meter, (no other changes made) but in the configuration for which you're planning to use it, it should accomplish the task nicely.

Remind me with a PM in 5-7 days and I'll climb the ladder. Sooner if I get a brief reprieve and have a few minutes.

I wish I still had the paperwork.

AR10 Specifications
Frequency: 28-29.7 MHz
Gain: 3 dBi
VSWR 2:1 Bandwidth: >2 MHz
Power: 1000 watts FM
Height: 17.6 Feet (5.36 m)
Ring Diameter: 13 inches (33 cm)
Mast Size: 1-1.25 inches (2.54-3.1 cm)
Wind Surface: 1.68 sq. feet
Connector: UHF
Weight: 4 Lbs (1.8 kg)