• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ar 3300 good or junk

SF509

Jun 27, 2005
detroit
i just picked up a ranger ar 3300 from an estate sale. i got it cheap. just wanted to know if its somthing i should keep or what. i cant find very much about it so if anyone can help thanks

you,ve got a KEEPER there! geting hard to come by and when they do,they bring decent money.Properly tuned and
aligned they are fantastic rigs. Do some google searching and
lotsa reading and you'll see.Good luck w/your new toy!
Slim

hey there..

for sure it is a keeper..
i liked it better then my rci 2970..

i used to use the high power version ( RCI-3500)
and got out exellent..
ofcourse back in the mid early to mid 80's nowhere as near as many people understood the value of a good radio..

it's a easy radio to modify back to 11 meters as well..
has clear and loud audio..
i never tweaked it..
there was no need to..

any questions just ask me..

Later

Don't let it go. I have the AR-3500 100w with a speech processor and variable power and there aren't many mobiles with loud audio with a stock mike.

Tomorrow, I'm looking at buying a 100w AR3500 up for sale. It's barely used and also has the 12meter ChipSwitch in it. Bird meter indicated 96 watts. Those are super radios. Alot for your dollar ... more than what many other mfgrs. offer IMHO.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.