• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Arduino projects?

fogdog

Aug 29, 2013
East Tennessee Mountains
Has anybody built a Arduino project. It's an open source electronics prototyping platform.

I just got a starter kit as a gift. I'm a tinkerer, and my daughter knows like building computers, and stuff so she got me this. Its pretty neat.

Has anybody built a Arduino project. It's an open source electronics prototyping platform.

I just got a starter kit as a gift. I'm a tinkerer, and my daughter knows like building computers, and stuff so she got me this. Its pretty neat.

There is a book I think put out by the ARRL that is full of arduino projects. Anything that deals with voltage input and outputs is conceivable.

I've played with one some but not done anything for ham radio with it. A friend of mine wants to make an autotuner, and I would love to make a VNA. One of these months I may actually take a look at what would need for such a project...

The DB

I have built quite a few Arduino projects.. the one i use the most is the Icom Tune Controller for the IC-7000... It will take the radio from what ever mode it is in and power setting and change it to RTTY, 15W and key the radio until I press the button again, then it puts everything back where it was. All done by the CAT command, works awesome for the KJ7U Screwdriver antenna. All mounted in an Altoids Can powered by the radio.

I'm working on a Arduino fox hunt transmitter to interface with a Wouxun but I'm having an issue with it not unkeying until it times out. The PTT is quirkey on the Wouxun and hangs up.

I haven't worked on it in a few weeks. I lost focus when my T-kit 1253 arrived. Will probably have that finished in the next couple of days and will get back on the fox hunt transmitter in the near future.

Let me know. I've been playing with Arduino for a couple years and went on a shopping spree a couple times so have lots of components, modules, and of course many chips and packages. I have a Wouxon too. Note that the latest batch of these unlocked versions V2 will drain the battery in a week when they are off.

C2, I may take you up on that once I get back to it. I had the same problem about a year ago interfacing a TT3 APRS module to the Wouxun. It wouldn't unkey.

I've got a few ideas on how to tackle it but need to get some bench time and do some testing. I'm thinking it's going to take some external components to handle the quirky PTT on that Wouxun.

If you need some books on the Arduino let me know I think I have over 20 of them in PDF format a friend sent me and I can post a link for you to download them from my web site.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?