• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are mosfets

Inductors and large resistance values are not very good dissipators of static voltage. While static generated voltages can be thought of as DC, when a connection is made the voltage becomes a very large transient so small resistance values and capacitors make much better snubbers to the large dv/dt that static voltages produce.

ken white said:
Inductors and large resistance values are not very good dissipators of static voltage. While static generated voltages can be thought of as DC, when a connection is made the voltage becomes a very large transient so small resistance values and capacitors make much better snubbers to the large dv/dt that static voltages produce.

Yes but what I was getting at was that when installed in circuit they are a conductive path all the time and will prevent the buildup of static as it tries to accumulate. I know what you are saying about the sudden introduction of a static charge.I was thinking about snubber caps but somewhere between the brain and the fingers that thought disappeared. :?

Actually, I really liked my calculus and did well. I never got much past the math, but now I've passed it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.