• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are the police monitoring CB still? Maybe so....

I’ve heard the question asked on the road — does LE listen in on 19 — asked a dozen times the past decade, and for the most part the response is that local PD might monitor, but as we move up the chain in size it was less likely.

It makes the most sense in far rural counties where a truck traffic US Highway is the artery.

If I’m not mistaken, the Interstate System receives a portion of funds to cover remote stretches for LE purposes state-by-state. In which case the state rules for “state police” would be followed.

This forum or another had a retired LEO state that some troopers at own expense were installing CB in order to monitor (in a state I don’t recall) after early 1980s.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.