• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are Yaesus being made in China and suffering?

I was cruising some other forums the other day and several people commented that after the nuclear power plant disaster and tsunami in Japan, Yaesu did indeed contract out to some Chinese manufacturers to take up the slack in their production until the Japanese plants could resume operation. It looks like there may be at least a bit of truth to the Chinese made Yaesus more-so than just their accessories.

Some Yaesu models have been made in China for years. My VX-170, FT-270r, FT-2800m, and FT-2900r all are made in China. Just look at the label on the radio. HT's label under the battery. This was also posted on this forum a few years ago.

Some Yaesu models have been made in China for years. My VX-170, FT-270r, FT-2800m, and FT-2900r all are made in China. Just look at the label on the radio. HT's label under the battery. This was also posted on this forum a few years ago.

Anyway to find out if my ftm-350ar is made there ? Its been working great since I bought it a few months back.

My vx1r says made in japan.

Japan

My new FT-7900r is made in Japan, So is my 6 month old VX-7r But my 5 year old FT-170 is made in China

Last edited:
Anyway to find out if my ftm-350ar is made there ? Its been working great since I bought it a few months back.

My vx1r says made in japan.

Everything has a label stating country of manufacturer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.