• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Are you F'ing kidding me?!?

Reading all the comments (the pulse of the population), makes me wonder how legislation like this could ever pass. Oh yeah, we won't get to vote on this ... non-elected corrupt legislators get to do the 'voting'.

It never ceases to amaze me how laws like this go into effect without these stupid legislator realizing the negative impact it has on the citizenry and the economy.

Fucking insane ...

'The state gasoline tax of 52.9 cents per gallon could be replaced with a "miles driven fee" of $0.05 cents or so per mile driven..."

sooooo, if your car gets 30 mpg, your fee will be about 30 x $0.05 = $1.50/gal instead of the current $0.53.:headbang

Not reading anywhere HOW they're going to collect it. Assuming it's through the normal tax filings, this would certainly help those millions of illegals who don't file, saving them $0.53 per gallon! A win/win for the sanctuary state!!

They'll need to create another bureaucratic infrastructure to monitor some sort of black box that we'll have to have installed in our vehicles ... all at the cost to us taxpayers. Let's say that will probably cost us hundreds of millions as well :sneaky2:

I heard something on news radio this morning that the proposed collection will be voluntary, much like internet sales tax.still waiting to hear the whole story, because there's no way they are going to take away a road tax and then make a mileage tax voluntary.

What is really funny is the fact that gas prices are still rising and refineries are at max capacity right now. And good old Sacramento is still saying they need more. Will it ever stop?

Hell no, we know better. It's just like when they tell us to conserve water than raise our rates because there is less water to tax. It's bullshit!

I'd better stop now, my blood pressure is starting to rise.:headbang

I was doing alittle bit of research and came up with this from the cali state controllers office

Gasoline Tax Refund

The Tax Administration Section administers the gasoline tax refund program for the State Controller's Office (SCO). The section processes refund claims for state gasoline tax that was paid for exported gas or gas used for off–highway or para–transit purposes. Refund claims may be submitted by individuals and business entities, including farmers, exporters, utilities, golf courses, and many others. Use the claim form (SCGR–1) and the appropriate schedules shown below to request a refund of state gasoline tax. Please contact our staff if you have any questions.

RECENT LEGISLATION - NEW!

Due to changes in the governing statutes, claims for gasoline purchased prior to July 1st, 2010 will be refunded at a rate of $0.18 cents per gallon, claims for gasoline purchased on or after July 1st, 2010 but prior to July 1st 2011 will be refunded at a rate of $0.353 cents per gallon, claims for gasoline purchased on or after July 1st, 2011 but prior to July 1st 2012 will be refunded at a rate of $0.357 cents per gallon, and claims for gasoline purchased on or after July 1st, 2012 but prior to July 1st 2013 will be refunded at a rate of $0.36 cents per gallon.

Effective July 1, 2013 the excise tax rate for motor vehicle fuel will increase from 36 cents ($0.36) to 39.5 cents ($0.395) per gallon. Additionally, each new fiscal year the Board of Equalization may adjust the rate of the motor vehicle fuel excise tax.

Para-transit claims will continue to be refunded at a rate of $0.06 cents per gallon.

Source link www.sco.ca.gov/ardtax_gas_tax

What is really funny is the fact that gas prices are still rising and refineries are at max capacity right now. And good old Sacramento is still saying they need more. Will it ever stop?

Hell no, we know better. It's just like when they tell us to conserve water than raise our rates because there is less water to tax. It's bullshit!

I'd better stop now, my blood pressure is starting to rise.:headbang
Not only that, but dig into those 25 and 30 year bonds that the voters eagerly voted in over the past several decades. The G-man still collects on those bonds through our tax system, even though the bonds have timed-out :censored:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.