• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL Field Day is This Weekend: Are You Ready?

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
Tens of thousands of Amateur Radio operators will be firing up portable radio stations from unexpected locations this weekend for ARRL Field Day. On June 23-24, over 35,000 hams are expected to operate from parks, malls, schools and. yes, fields, around the country.

Field Day is the climax of the week-long Amateur Radio Week sponsored by the ARRL. As of June 19, 21 states have issued proclamatio...

More...

I've never participated in Field Day before, but I’ve never been a very active Ham either much less chased awards. I’m surprised more people have not responded to this thread though. I’ve been reading up on ARRL Field Day some and it appears to be one of their most popular events. Are any members here sitting up an outdoor Field Day station or plan to operate Saturday &/or Sunday? I may listen in some on the traffic if I have time. My home base station here in NC is set up to transmit on 20m/10m/2m/70cm.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.