• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARRL INT'NL DX CONTEST 3.2/3.2019

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
I was able to go work with one of the contest teams in Central Ohio again.
Conditions were marginal at best. We had 8 operators during various shifts totaling 38 hours of operation during the 48 hours contest was running.
Here are some Stats from our operation:
TOTAL Q's = 1058
EU...640
SA...196
NA...154...This includes only AK/HI and US possession's (no 48 states mainland counted)
OC... 31
AF... 21
AS... 16

SPECIAL CONTACTS NOTED:
Galapagos Is.
Iceland
Israel
Guam
Central Kiribati Is...…Indonesia... Australia...New Zealand... S Pac. (all worked on 40mtr's)
Kuwait...Oman...Qatar...Turkey....Asia
Reunion Is.
Rwanda...Morocco...Maderia Is.....Kenya....Africa

Average miles per QSO = 4,010

I had a blast on 40m/80m early Sunday morning to around Sunrise. Bands got very noisy and closed down for over almost 3 hours(Solar Blast/ I think) but managed to make some good Q's.
Hope those of you that made contacts during the contest also had RadioFun!(y)

The next contest of note is the CQ WPX SSB March 29.2019 (3.30 00:00Z)…
The interesting item about this contest is the objective is to work ALL CALLSIGN PREFIX's...So this opens the door for stateside to stateside contacts also..
A PREFIX is the letter/numeral combination which forms the first part of the amateur call. Examples: N8, W8, WD8, HG1, HG19, KC2, OE2, OE25, LY1000, etc. Any difference in the numbering, lettering, or order of same shall count as a separate prefix. (Extra points)
So you newer Hams with late issue callsigns (KE/KJ/KG/KK ...etc. will be of special interest to DX and stateside contacts as you are multipliers for total points.:D
Lots of special callsigns get issued from many countries...so the chance to pick up these specials only happens during certain contests every year.
So get'r tuned up/raise the antennas a few more feet and get ready to Play Radio.:love::LOL:
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Had some time to play on Sunday. Heard Reunion Island which I need.. he was 5-7 with a good pile up. Went in the other room to take a phone call and came back few minutes later...he went qrt.. my luck. Should have jumped on it when I had the chance... Did manage to pick up Hungary and Luxembourg on 20.. 2 new ones for me. Got several band fillers on 15. Some huge signals out of the contest stations in the Caribbean on 15m. Barbados 5/9 +30..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated