• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

astatic 575m6 and d104mb series mics

crusader

Jun 19, 2005
southwest england
hi ,with production of the 575m6 finished and the mobile 104 series still available, can anyone tell me the difference in circuit diagrams? are they basically the same inside with the exception of the tone control? do either use speech compression ? thanks in advance.

newer d104m6's use the same circuit and cartridge without the tone control, it uses a fixed load resistor where the 575 has a variable resistor to alter bass response, it is pretty easy to put a tone on the 104 and make it sound much less tinny, i think i posted how to do it somewhere on here.

thanks very much bob, i bought a 104 off e-bay recently,and always fancied a 575 teardrop but are hard to come by and are expensive, so if you say they are all but identical, there does'nt seem much point spending an arm and a leg buying one if the 104 will do the trick. thank you very much for the quick reply.

i have the 575, 1rst one. i think i prefer the 104m6b with mods.
both are good mics imho. now i want to try and find a shure since they are suppose to be the most natrural sounding.

I realy need a picture of that resistor that you can clip for more base. After I had my Connex 330 HP modded the pitch went way high and i need to bring it down.

my 575's and d104's use the same small cartridge, not sure what the old d104m6 uses but they have a larger cast alloy cartridge like a 555/539 and a few other astatic hand mics, the mod will work on either type of d104, all the amplified models i have seen use a load resistor to control bass output of the high impedance cartridge.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.