• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic 575m6 versions ?

gmham555

Jul 30, 2020
Hi anyone know the history behind the various versions of the Astatic 575m6 hand microphone? Have recently picked up one that has the black coloured side sliders but interestingly has a brown coloured internal board, it was my understanding the brown coloured board mic had the white side levers and the more commonly found one at least here in the U.K. had the black side sliders ....
with the green coloured board with the two designers ? names printed on the board.

Anyone ever found much of a difference in audio quality between the two versions as I notice the two versions differ not only in looks but the circuit board itself ?
The packing box I received my own 575m6 is dark blue and white in colour, Astatic 575m6 printing on side panel, never seen a box like this as any I have seen before have been just plain white card box box with the Astatic 575m6 printing on the end.
Great mics as we all know and fetching a fair old price here in the U.K. now ! Just interested to hear from anyone in answer to any of the above points raised ?
Thanks. John

gmham, good to see you on here,

The green board is the bob & Bart board with the crappy little switch, silver cartridge, & flat case near the black sliders,

The old style 575 i have now and other NOS i had in the past have a pale colored board,
quality stackpole switch
black fronted cartridge,
recesses where the white sliders are,

mine sounds a little mellower/ less metallic than the bob & Bart versions i have now and in the past,

many people won't notice the difference in sound

i posted pics on TM1 but i think photobucket broke the links.

gmham, good to see you on here,

The green board is the bob & Bart board with the crappy little switch, silver cartridge, & flat case near the black sliders,

The old style 575 i have now and other NOS i had in the past have a pale colored board,
quality stackpole switch
black fronted cartridge,
recesses where the white sliders are,

mine sounds a little mellower/ less metallic than the bob & Bart versions i have now and in the past,

many people won't notice the difference in sound

i posted pics on TM1 but i think photobucket broke the links.
Hi there small world eh ? Yep just thought it strange that mine had the black sliders with the pale coloured board but guess they possibly just used what parts they had at that particular time. Anyway glad to have one again and have promised myself this time this is a keeper !

Three of mine. One is old (top one) and the other two are newer.
k2ejbM7.jpeg

Reactions: Slowmover
A little off topic but does anyone have some advice about how to take the board out of these 575m6 mics? How do you get the sliders past the cut outs to remove the board. I don't want to break the plastic by trying to pry it out. Any help is appreciated.

Easiest way I found was to slide both sliders down (towards the bottom) screw removed and gently pull the top of the pcb out and up if that makes sense. Kind of an angled removal.

I recently bought a couple of nice ones from a forum member and once arrived I completely disassembled to clean and grease everything up. At first I was in your boat though.

Reactions: Holydvr
I have one that only has the “A” on the label. I believe those are first generation. Is that what yours has? I had to replace the cord on mine, but it has worked very well!

Reactions: Eldorado828
I have one that only has the “A” on the label. I believe those are first generation. Is that what yours has? I had to replace the cord on mine, but it has worked very well!
I have an older one like you explain and have another that's much newer.
Side by side, the older one one has a more mellow sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-140836_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-140836_Photos.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20211018-140858_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-140858_Photos.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 20
Well, I have many of them myself in Turner mics. (If they are the same) I will have to check to be sure. I hate to say it, but I have probably 60 turner mics and scrap mic boards with that switch from collecting over the years. Cheap fleabay mic lots. You might know how it goes! lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.