• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic 878

nat19

Nov 18, 2009
West Virginia
Does anyone know anything about the Astatic 878 or the galaxy base mic with echo I am thinking about buying one. Which is better? Someone please reply soon before I order.

Last edited:

I have the Astatic 878 on my galaxy base and I love it. Very clear, not a lot of backround noise. Get very good reports. I'm suprised you don't see more about this mic.

I had a astatic 878 desk mic i got with a radio purchase. it didnt look real impressive so i gave it to my son in law. well let me tell ya, he paired it up with his 2950dx and it is one of the best sounding mics ive heard with out getting into a high dolla set up. its clear and super clean. i wish i had it back.

I love my 878. Loud and clear. Great on SSB also. I have a Sadelta Echo Master Plus that is a dandy also. Silver Eagle, and Turner +3B,878,and Sadelta are my 4 picks for base mics.

The adjustment on the bottom is backward from most. I told one guy about this mic ahd he was not impressed untill he figured out he was turning it the wrong way.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,