• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic chrome grille where from ??

jono400

Jan 11, 2009
Guys looking for a bit off help in locating the following parts for my Astatic 575m6 michrophone and just wonder if anyone could help me locate a seller who would be willing to ship to here in the uk ??

looking for a replacment chrome grille that will fit this particular michrophone, I know you used to be able to buy them on ebay that although not originally designed for the 575m6 would fit even thou it stuck out a bit further than the original, its also had a lip guard on it. unfortunatly having looked on ebay just cant see them for sale on there anymore ??

also keeping with the chrome theme !!! the chrome michrophone cord that is supplied with some off the newer astatic hand michrophones, is it possible to buy this cord seperatly or a cover that will fit over the original ??

as I say based over here in the uk and almost 100% sure the above parts cant be sourced from here so guess int shipping will have to be a must !!

anyone be so kind as to help me out or at least give me a mail order source off such items ??

kind regards,
john 108tm154 /108ct154

Okay thanks guys appreciatte the advice, fortunatly after another look on ebay I found the replacment colourd grill inserts that I was after which again in my case was the chrome / silver coloured one.

did think about just buying a chrome 636 michrophone and doing what was suggested ie. exchanging the parts over unfortunatly the casing off the 636 does obviously not have the neccessary cut outs for the astatic 575m6`s volume / tone control so it would work out an expensive way just to gain the insert / steel cord.

so just need to find a source off the stainless steel michrophone cord now, will keep on trying but again if anyone can help out with a source then please do share !!!!

well my thought was the cord and chrome cover would cost you at least 16-17 then shipping on top of that .
the whole mic was only 24.99 a mear 8 dollars more and the cord came wired 4 pin already .
i knew the case wouldnt work .you could have reassembled the mic using your old parts and resold it for 20 dollars and recouped nearly all the funds ,less shipping .

thats just how my mind works ,always trying to save a buck.in the end your parts would have been nearly free.

Yep thanks again for your advice and yes I can see what you are saying, possibly tracked down a supplier off the ss cord but think the next problem may be in getting it in the six wire configuration that is required for the 575m6 / rci2950dx configuration as from what I can see its normally sold in just the 4 wire variety ??

will keep on trying !!! again appreciatte your advice its certainlya possiblty should it come to it !!!

Okay guys now sorted thanks to Redmancb.com who are sorting me out with a few required bits.

appreciatte all the assistance offered.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1