• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic D-104 Question

KD8HMO

Aug 3, 2008
Kalida, Ohio
www.protrucker.net
I just scored a very nice (if not NIB, then very close) Astatic chrome 10-DA mic head complete with box and paperwork included. For some reason, the retaining ring that secures it to the end of the mic stand doesnt stay attached to the connector on the head, like some dimples are missing. If you plug it in, and screw the ring down tight, the mic head will come right back out and leave the ring behind. Any idea on how to fix this?
10-da_640.jpg

ya need to reword your subject line d 104 is the round head with a wire mesh face,, the stand is one of many,,, tug 8 tup 9 ug 8 and so forth what you have there is a 10 da,,, fine head for a ssb radio,,,, if the dimples is wore off you might try a tiny tiny screw that would fit under the ring,,,

over the years I have had to fix 2 that were like this. it looked like the dimples were not large enough from the factory. what I did to fix them was as midnight special suggested. I took 2 screws from the mic plug heads since they are very small. I drilled a very small hole in each side of the head and put the screws in place about the location of the dimples. then I had to file the head off just a little to let the set screw slide inside the collar so it would catch the threads of the stand. on mine the dimples were not really too small it looked like the collar had been over tightened or at one time dropped and the collar got hit jusr right where it was not as snug on the mic itself. I was able to make one come close to work after bending the lip of the collar back down since it was flaired up from over tightening or being dropped. it did not hold as good as it should so put 2 screws in the head and filed them down to let the collar have some thing to seat against. it is not really needed to hold the head on . you can just push the head in place and do not pick the mic up by the head, which most people never do since it has the stand.
just my 2 cents worth.

Reactions: midnight special

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.