• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ASTATIC ECHOMAX Microphone repair needed

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I need to find someone to repair an ASTATIC ECHOMAX 2000 for me very little audio you have to scream into it to get mod meter movement element is good. Any suggestions on a Mic tech??? Or will ASTATIC repair these yet??

Astatic will repair them Tony but it ain't cheap , something like 35.00 per half hour 70.00 minimum ,you have to contact them first to get a RMA number ,then you can send it in. Maybe one of these Forum tech types might be able to help you out cheaper ? I have never personally owned one of those mic's. A friend had a silver Eagle repaired a few years ago by them , it ended up costing him something like 85.00 , I honestly didn't think it was worth it but he had the money and it didn't really bother him.

i hear you Jim on the not being cheap if they still made these ide be better off buying a new one im sure but I got this one 3 years ago and it wasnt working and figured now I should really get it going

Not sure if you know this or not, The echo max 2000 has two mic gains. one is the slide adjustment on top of the bas the other is a tiny white knob on the rear of the unit. You may want to try a new battery also.

TonyV225 said:
I need to find someone to repair an ASTATIC ECHOMAX 2000 for me very little audio you have to scream into it to get mod meter movement element is good. Any suggestions on a Mic tech??? Or will ASTATIC repair these yet??
.........I have one that had the same problem plus alot of digital noise. After not finding anything on the net, I removed the board and found cracked/broken solder joints at the volume slide control. After re-soldering them, the mic works like a new one......let me know how it goes. 73s, Pluto.

OH old post but WHAT THE HELL!!!!

TonyV225, dxhound has what you need!
sometimes peeps place parts in the wrong section..and don't test these even when there new..
or some think that it is over modded and place a cap in it to quiet it down,or take one out..i seen this alot in echo mics..
i also never seen a echo mic that can pound out some power
it also might be a grounded to the radios neg problem ground it to a disc cap in the radio..just to see!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated