• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic Mic Battery wire connection issue.

long night

Jan 8, 2020
I was trying to uncouple the battery from the connector when it pulled the battery wires off the mic circuit board. There is nothing left to solder to so can I drill the holes out at the board connections and put new wires through the board and resolder them? I have a bit small enough to do this or is there a better way to make the repair?

Thanks so much for your help.

I was trying to uncouple the battery from the connector when it pulled the battery wires off the mic circuit board. There is nothing left to solder to so can I drill the holes out at the board connections and put new wires through the board and resolder them? I have a bit small enough to do this or is there a better way to make the repair?

Thanks so much for your help.
Which mic are you working on? A pic of the board would be helpful as well.

I am very old school and don't have a way to post pictures. I can reattach the battery positive wire to where it was , but not the negative wire. Any idea where a good ground location would be to reattach the negative wire to on the 575M-6 board?

Which mic are you working on? A pic of the board would be helpful as well.
I am unable to post pictures. Sorry. I can reattach the positive battery wire to the board where it came off, but not the negative wire. Can you recommend a good alternate location to reattach the negative battery wire on the 575M-6 board?

Thanks

He has two threads going on this, here is the other post he made. It's always best to post one time on a question.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.