• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic mic question

B

billman2000

Right now im running a 636-l on my 6900fhp, but am thinking about getting the powerd road devel (been saving my petro points LOL ) Do i really have anything to gain by switching therse mic's?

</p>

If the radio that you have the 636 hooked to has a lot of AUDIO, then the answer is no. You would wind up with the gain on the mic just cracked open and the gain on the radio turned down too, just to keep from overdriving the audio circuit. So if your radio works great with the 636 then don't change a thing. My mobile unit ( Comanche Blackhawk ) has a ton of audio and even with the 636 the mic gain is a 75%. If your radio suffers from the lack of AUDIO then yes the Road Devil would help, but you have to remember with an amplified mic, it amplifies everything that it hears, not just your voice. Hope this answers your question.

73's

fasteddy

CDX-765, PE765, 2SF765

High Country DX, HF Specailist. Del Norte, CO
contact me at pe765@aol.com
mid79290big.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.