• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic Silver Eagle wiring

wtice

Aug 5, 2022
Pulled out Lafayette Telsat 1240 and Silver Eagle mic from my dad's basement. The wires from the mic need re-soldered to the 4 pin connector. Looks like a red, white and blue with shield wires were used a one time. Would anyone know which wires go to what pins on the connector?

Welcome to the forum wtice. Here is the schematic. Hope it helps.

1659792024344.png

Hello Crawdad. Thanks for the welcome and the schematic. The microphone still has this schematic on the underside of the base plate. I was looking for what pins are use on the Telsat 1240. Going to try below that I saw this on another forum which was for Astatic Hi-z mic to Telsat 1240. Kinda makes sense since it looks like only 3 of the pins have old solder on them and the shield wire was wrapped around the blue wire.

Pin #1 - white = audio
Pin #2 - shield = ground & blue
Pin #3 - red = transmit

Reactions: Crawdad
Those schematics under the baseplate don't always survive the years so I posted one just in case.
White is definitely audio out. They musta been grounding the pin with the red wire to switch the radio to TX.
Best of luck and enjoy your SE.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated