• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Asymod III Hi-Fi / Asymmetric Modulation Cobra 29

FredTx63

Oct 17, 2015
Cobra 29 LTD Classic with Asymod III Hi-Fi Asymmetric Modulator installed. Like new condition.

- Radio has been completely aligned & Asymod III board tuned by the gentleman that made the board
- Setup for 1 watt carrier and up to 8 watts PEP with the appropriate audio signal in up to 200% positive peaks and 99% negative peaks. I ran it about 160% positive with 99% negative and it sounded fantastic
- Feed it audio via 1/4" phono jack installed on the rear of the radio
- Key radio with included foot pedal which connects to front mic jack.
- TX Audio 20-14khz frequency response
- Controls on the board for setting carrier, asymmetry, audio gain, etc.

The Asymod III is very similar to the MMM Mauldulator board (I also have one of those for sale if anyone is interestd, 2n gen). The board directly modulates the collectors of the driver and final, by-passing the pre-amp and other circuitry in the radio which limit tx audio bandwidth.

This is a plug and play radio, you just have to feed it high quality audio using a studio mic and rack gear or a USB audio interface and software processing like pro tools. You'll also want an oscilloscope for monitoring your modulation. Comes with well written manuals for install, usage and troubleshooting.

I'm less interested in 11 meters DX these days and have been spending more time with my SDR on the HF bands, so I'm selling some toys.

Radio, Foot pedal/Cable + Manuals. $300 shipped CONUS only.

If you are seriously interested, e-mail me and I'll get you some additional pictures.

Attachments

• asymod29.jpg
    asymod29.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Eastside

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.