• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AT-250 To TS-440 Cable

AE4TA

Apr 24, 2010
The 8 pin cable that I got with my used AT-250 tuner does not plug into my Kenwood TS-440s. The cable is identical on both ends. Is there an adapter I can buy or do I need a different cable, and if so, which cable do I look for?
Keith AE4TA

Keith,
I'm not sure you can directly connect that AT-250 with a TS-440. With a TS-430, yes, but not the '440. If you happen to have the manual, figuring out the pin-out and purpose of each line shouldn't really be all that difficult.
Having had a '440, and I think I still have an AT-250, I can tell you that the built in tuner in that '440 will do anything the AT-250 will without the hassle of re-wiring anything. Nothing wrong with that AT-250, but it definitely pre-dates the '440.
- 'Doc

Keith,
I'm not sure you can directly connect that AT-250 with a TS-440. With a TS-430, yes, but not the '440. If you happen to have the manual, figuring out the pin-out and purpose of each line shouldn't really be all that difficult.
Having had a '440, and I think I still have an AT-250, I can tell you that the built in tuner in that '440 will do anything the AT-250 will without the hassle of re-wiring anything. Nothing wrong with that AT-250, but it definitely pre-dates the '440.
- 'Doc
Tnx, Doc. I think you are right. I had bought the AT-250 a few months ago, but have not tested it yet. Then a few weeks later I got the TS-440. Somehow, I thought that external tuner was supposed to be compatible with the 440, but I guess not. You are right about the built in tuner that the 440 uses, as it does a pretty good job of tuning in anything 3:1 and below.
Thanks for the reply.
Keith AE4TA

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.