• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AT-5555N II

Dallas Starr

Jan 2, 2023
I have a very recently purchased late production run Q5N2 in perfect flawless condition. Perfect in every way, cosmetically and electronically. Has maybe an hour (at most) of actual on time. Not a scratch, not even a speck of dust.

Comes with everything that came with the radio, including the mic, power cord, box, manual, as well as an RJ45 to 4-Pin microphone adapter cable, in case you wish to run another microphone. This adapter cost me $28 shipped. Haven't ever even used it.

I bought this radio strictly as a backup rig to my IC-7610 in case of a grid down (like an EMP) event, or whatever may come. But they just recently had a fantastic sale (the Dayton Hamvention sale) at the various ham retailers including HRO, and I couldn't pass up the deal they had on 7300's, so I bought one for myself, and one for a good friend, who reimbursed me.

So, in short, I do not need the AT-5555N 2 as a backup, as the 7300 will be my backup. So I am selling the Q5N2. Again, the radio is literally like brand new and has been in the box since the initial testing.

$200 (firm) shipped anywhere USA (except Alaska or Hawaii)

I paid $250 for the radio and $28 for the mic adapter for a $278 total. So $200 (shipped) for a radio that's just like it came brand new, a few months ago, along with the mic adapter, is reasonable, IMHO.

Last edited:

I have a very recently purchased late production run Q5N2 in perfect flawless condition. Perfect in every way, cosmetically and electronically. Has maybe an hour (at most) of actual on time. Not a scratch, not even a speck of dust.

Comes with everything that came with the radio, including the mic, power cord, box, manual, as well as an RJ45 to 4-Pin microphone adapter cable, in case you wish to run another microphone. This adapter cost me $28 shipped. Haven't ever even used it.

I bought this radio strictly as a backup rig to my IC-7610 in case of a grid down (like an EMP) event, or whatever may come. But they just recently had a fantastic sale (the Dayton Hamvention sale) at the various ham retailers including HRO, and I couldn't pass up the deal they had on 7300's, so I bought one for myself, and one for a good friend, who reimbursed me.

So, in short, I do not need the AT-5555N 2 as a backup, as the 7300 will be my backup. So I am selling the Q5N2. Again, the radio is literally like brand new and has been in the box since the initial testing.

$200 (firm) shipped anywhere USA (except Alaska or Hawaii)

I paid $250 for the radio and $28 for the mic adapter for a $278 total. So $200 (shipped) for a radio that's just like it came brand new, a few months ago, along with the mic adapter, is reasonable, IMHO.
pictures?

pictures?
Brand new, not a single scratch, and not a speck of dust. I took it out and hooked it up again to power, for the picture. Has not had any adiustments of any kind, other than the channel mod wire clip.

Attachments

• AT-5555N2.jpg
    AT-5555N2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 70
You said you just purchased this and now you are selling? Sorry but that is a red flag.
i was thinkin the same.read how to adjust didnt write values down n its a new disaster.

Reactions: w9cll
You said you just purchased this and now you are selling? Sorry but that is a red flag.
So, I assume then that you didn't read the original post in which I described why I was selling?

And the other guy... Apparently you didn't read anything I said either. So I will quote myself right here:

"Has not had any adjustments of any kind, other than the channel mod wire clip."

I realize that you guys may be offended by me asking this question, but do you guys read? You call my ad a red flag, but obviously didn't READ any of it.

I ask myself every day of the year nowadays, "WTF is wrong with people??"

You attack and try to discredit my simple ad for a radio for sale, without even READING the original post describing EVERYTHING.

So again, I ask... WTF is WRONG with people?

How would you like it if I went to your ad, didn't read any of it, and just started ignorantly spouting off about "red flags", and other such garbage?

I realize that trying to reason with imbeciles is a hopeless endeavor, but... C'mon.

The one guy asked me for a picture, so I went to the troubly of unpacking the radio, hooking up to power, and uploading a photo, as requested.

Then the same guy who asked for the picture then comes back, agrees with the ignorant guy who can't read, and then makes up a FALSE accusation of me making adjustments and failing to write down the original settings?

HUH??

Again... WTF is WRONG with people?

If you don't want the radio, that's perfectly fine, but to come into my ad page and attack it for no reason, completely ignoring the information I provided in the OP?

Serious question, even though I'm sure it will provoke a mod to swoop in and join the fray....

Are you just evil, or both evil AND stupid?

And to the mod who will likely jump in and pile on with the "good ole boys" (or remove my ad) you have to admit, it's really a rude thing to come in and attempt to ruin someone's ad, based on total ignorance and false accusations.

Myself, I would never do that, even if I didn't like that person for some reason.

Last edited:
And to the mod who will likely jump in and pile on with the "good ole boys" (or remove my ad) you have to admit, it's really a rude thing to come in and attempt to ruin someone's ad, based on total ignorance and ....
You are digging the spurs in deep on several people that spend a considerable amount of time and resources trying to keep everything going around here.
And have nothing to do with you being offended by someone's questions about your ad.

Personal view, you have not been here long and this is the Internet, you can expect to be questioned about a for sale item.
Maybe dont get offended and reply to it without the rant, but if you want to go off on the admins that won't end well.

dont get mad.we seen stuff bought new that got messed up 1 week old n sold to innocent ppl. reason i didnt jump on it i wanted to see it.but you took too long to post pictures so i got 1 4 days later because i MUST have working radios in our semi trucks.. but before you get bent at us look through our eyes n what we witnessed plus you being new dont help.i will go first sorry if i offended you but i had to view all possibilitys.

Reactions: Riverman
As has been said, you are new, said you just bought, and selling at an apparent loss throws up red flags. If you were offended sorry but I would always say what I did no matter what,if you don't then that's just you. As for being called evil and stupid if I were you I would take a long look in the mirror..

Reactions: Rwb
As has been said, you are new, said you just bought, and selling at an apparent loss throws up red flags. If you were offended sorry but I would always say what I did no matter what,if you don't then that's just you. As for being called evil and stupid if I were you I would take a long look in the mirror..
as long as we been here w9cll i never 1 time thought of you as ignorant. and we see this coming n going dont we?

As for being called evil and stupid if I were you I would take a long look in the mirror..
That’s not necessary. An administrator (AudioShockwav) has already admonished him. You are just adding fuel to the fire.
Let it go.

That’s not necessary. An administrator (AudioShockwav) has already admonished him. You are just adding fuel to the fire.
Let it go.
Im glad administrator handled it.not slinging mud but saying i for 1 dont want to see anybody buy something questionable when its that new,never been here before.
Thank you audioshockwav

@Dallas Starr - Is this the Q5N2 that had a high noise level on RX that you made several earlier posts about?

If so, it seems for you and others that have purchased a Q5N2 recently, that unfortunately, something has been changed.

The vast majority of the older/earlier Q5N2's rarely exhibited this trait, while the most "recent" batch seems to be plagued by it. I have seen a lot more people here having the high noise floor issue with the newer batch. And not just this radio but the newer Stryker 955's and others as well.

It sounds like Qixiang ran out of a certain component/s and are using a different one/s.

Don't quote me on this but, the service menu settings between the early and later Q5N2's appear to be pretty much the same from posts I have read here.

That has been what has kept me from picking one up.

Pez (in Australia) offered to do a comparison with what he has and send the results to Qixiang if someone would send him a radio that has the issue, but I don't think anyone has taken him up on his offer.

Not trying to ruin your sell. $200 with the accessories is a good price and even if this radio has a noisy RX (hopefully it doesn't), someone that has a low noise QTH should be able to use it just fine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.