• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AT-6666 Radio Antenna Improvements

Which antenna is the best for my application?

• Firestik FSII 4'

• Firestik FSII 5'

• Predator 10k

• Wilson Little Wil

• K40

• Stryker SRA10

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I also ran a sirio P5k permanent mount to the roof of my truck.. it had a decent amount of metal under it for a counter poise.. it worked fine but the 108 ball mounted to my old rust bucket TX/RX better anyday. This just proves what we all ready know...When you add a coil you begin to sacrifice..

Your antenna will be strongest opposite were you mount it if you mount anyplace other than center of roof. If you can hear a mobile rig that is not an alligator station you should be able to talk to them. When you are talking about base stations and beams and power above about 30-50 watts all bets are off! You need to understand why they cant hear you. Heck if a guy has his beams turned and his back door is to you and he is running 50-100 watts through a Laser 500 for example you will hear him just fine but he will not be able to hear you! It might not be ground propagation you are hearing either.

I have not tried the latest Firesticks but for 20 years I told them they needed a tuneable tip 5 footer. I suspect a 102 to 108 inch whip would work best and have the best combo of power handling, bandwidth, price, durability and real world radiation. My preference based on my experience is 102-108 inch whip, open external cap antenna, Wilson/K40 base loaded magnet mounts then Firestiks. That said it has been at least a decade since I last played with a Firestik.

I’d like to commend

Skipshooter

brand of American-made top-load Fiberglas whips for your attention.

I have pairs in 5’, 6, and 7’.

I still have a 4’ Firestik I’m going to use as a “fishing” tool to retrieve things from tight places.

(It’s old).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated